Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/7/2001 6:08:41 AM EDT
This moths G&A has a review on this rifle.

Here's a link to Gibbs website:

www.gibbsrifle.com/sport.html

Anyone have any experience with this rifle??? I'm interested in teh .308 version. Looks pretty sweet for the price
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:52:58 AM EDT
Have the #7 remake.......for the money, I`m happy with it.........
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:30:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BlackandGreen:
Have the #7 remake.......for the money, I`m happy with it.........

Is that the nickel plated one, or the stock black paint???

I'm looking into the nickel plated one.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:46:12 AM EDT
Mark...go to the site and hit the remake section at the bootom...you`ll see a picture of it...I found some minor defects but overall it`s a nice shooter.....(except for beatin the shit out of my shoulder)....I put a williams peep site on it....that was the main complaint, the original site had the tension spring missing...and the front sight/hider is a LITTLE crooked....otherwise good....REAL clean bore-good rifling and solid action.....typical enfield trigger...paid 190 they were getting scarce at the time.........shoots decent groups at 100 yrds....eats all types of 308 ammo.....
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:45:22 PM EDT
I have both the #5 and #7, really like them. They are a beast to shoot though. I don't think I could go blast all day with them. It will shoot just about all the Milsurp .308 stuff available. It's loud, shoots flame, rugged and the sites are ok. I didn't have any problems with them, everything seems to be in order. It swings pretty good in close quarters, as I do hunt coyotes with them on occasion. It's worth the 2 bills in my opinion, the #7 will do you well.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:10:21 PM EDT
That quest II extreme carbine looks really nice. And isn't expensive at all.

Hmmm.
Definite Purchase.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:54:34 AM EDT
THIS is the rifle I'm interested in.

It's got the porting at the end of the abrrel.

ANYONE got THIS rifle???

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:39:12 AM EDT
I have a navy arms "tanker" version of the indian ishapur enfield 2a1
like this one:

I have not shot a quest 2 but i did pic one up at a shop one day. I thought it felt nicer than my tanker(aka "the club") but of course it was lighter. i didn't like the stock, it wasn't finished very well and it had an orange look to it like a pumpkin.

here is a gibbs quest 2
but they want almost full retail for it...
www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=2394883
-brick
Top Top