Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2014 8:03:33 AM EDT
Did a search hoping to find a common problem and simple solution. Unfortunately, didn't find anything.

Just got my Osprey9 out of jail and took it to range. It's like it is over gassed or something and is having FTF problems. Tough to describe. At one point, the pistol ejected the spent casing AND the next round and loaded the third. Also, the pistol made a couple attempts to load 2 rounds.

All the problems I found seemed related to not enough force coming back (go with lighter spring). In my case, I think it is too much. Any ideas? Thanks!

ETA:  normally, the Gun eats everything. I was shooting 115gr speer practice ammo.

UPDATE

I bought the Wolff extra power recoil calibration pack. Stock no 13140.  http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?page=items&cID=1&mID=5

I started with the 20# spring and didn't have to try anything else. It cycled with no issues and cycled without the suppressor as well.  I believe the stock spring is 17#
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I never had that issue with mine. My suppressors had a LID type device. Anyways you can buy heavier recoil springs if you thing that is an issue. I only used 147 gr subsonics so I am not sure...try different ammo...different magazine and different return spring weights...you can buy Wolf guide rod and springs or ISMI I think it is called
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to say over gassed.

When was the last time you changed the recoil spring?

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#3]
What barrel are you using?

Have you checked that the piston is moving freely in the housing and not binding? Not too much grease on the piston or LID spring?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to say over gassed.

When was the last time you changed the recoil spring?

View Quote

Not the first owner so I'll assume never.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Have you checked that the piston is moving freely in the housing and not binding? Not too much grease on the piston or LID spring?
View Quote

Barrel is a factory glock.

Regarding your second two questions, I'm not sure.  Not sure what it is supposed to look like. It is brand new, so I don't think it would have too much grease.

I'll look around to see if I can find a video of what a properly installed piston looks like.

Thanks for the replies, guys!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

So I checked the piston last night and it was moving fine. Going to change the spring next.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I was having similar troubles with my RTF2 G19 running the Octane 9 HD2; super fast cycling that was causing malfunctions. Sometimes it would engage the slide lock, without me touching it, creating a real-deal WTF failure. Other times it would lock back without me touching the slide lock, and there would be a live round sitting on top of the feeds lips.

I switched to a Wolf guide rod and a heavier spring and the problems have subsided.

Like you said, everyone recommends a lighter spring, but in my case a heavier spring is what cured the problem.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was having similar troubles with my RTF2 G19 running the Octane 9 HD2; super fast cycling that was causing malfunctions. Sometimes it would engage the slide lock, without me touching it, creating a real-deal WTF failure. Other times it would lock back without me touching the slide lock, and there would be a live round sitting on top of the feeds lips.

I switched to a Wolf guide rod and a heavier spring and the problems have subsided.

Like you said, everyone recommends a lighter spring, but in my case a heavier spring is what cured the problem.
View Quote

Does your g19 run reliably w/o the can when using the heavier spring?

I just order the wolf extra power spring kit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm using a Glock 23 rsga on my 19 with good results. I hope it keeps the slide closed longer too for less port noise.

http://youtu.be/gnh_2wrrSyU

http://youtu.be/CRMHxpIauto

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Does your g19 run reliably w/o the can when using the heavier spring?

I just order the wolf extra power spring kit.
View Quote

It runs fine w/o the can when running the heavier spring, but to be completely honest I've maybe only fired 100-200 rounds this way. Mine is a suppressor host first and foremost, so 99% of the time it wears the can.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm using a Glock 23 rsga on my 19 with good results. I hope it keeps the slide closed longer too for less port noise.

http://youtu.be/gnh_2wrrSyU

http://youtu.be/CRMHxpIauto

View Quote

Glock uses the same weight spring for the 19 and 23...18lbs
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#12]
That's incorrect. They're most definitely different on the Gen 4 models!

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh....OP does not have a gen4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top