Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:30:34 PM EDT
New to this site & considering getting a GSG-5, my local range has a few. They look to be the Gen2 versions since the cocking tube cap is smooth (does not have the 4 dimples). Lots of good info on here!

I've seen this asked in a few other posts but did not see a firm answer: can the Gen2 cap be unscrewed or removed like the Gen1 to permit installing a laser sight?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
my gen 2 cap dosen,t look like a cap but just a part of the mold or maybe the paint is covering up the seam    dont want to try it

got laser on sight mark

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I contacted Mike S. at GSG and he said the Gen2 end caps are part of the mold tooling for the cocking tube/sight assy. So the "cap" is fake and not removable on Gen2 guns. ht

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#3]
dam i have a gen 2 gun and a laser looks like i will need to sell
the laser
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top