Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 6/20/2011 3:03:25 PM EDT
I just got home with Gemtech G5 from the fun shop.

It came with a phantom QD mount that I'm going to put on a S&W MP15 but I also have some more ARs that I need to equip with a QD mount.

are there any options other than the Gemtech vortex and phantom mounts?

If so, what are some sweet ones and where can they be found?
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 3:10:42 PM EDT
Apparently PWS used to make one of their brakes with a G5 mount, but they no longer do so. I even emailed em about a few months ago and they told me they didn't have any more left nor plans to make any more. I don't know of any others. I've heard rumors that Battlecomp may come out with a G5 mount Battlecomp but I haven't heard anything solid about that. So as far as I know the only ones still in production are the Phantom and Vortex. I've got a G5 and would love to get a comp mount of some kind for it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:09:13 PM EDT
Do they not make the A2 birdcage anymore?
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:51:40 PM EDT
Rumor has it that they are working on a quick-mount version of the battle comp. We can only hope!!!!!

My Form 4 for my Gentech G5 is now pending for 70 days.  The wait is KILLING me. It's almost 6 months since I actually ordered the thing through my SOT.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:44:56 PM EDT
Yea the wait for my suppressor was made much more easy by the 6 month wait for my smartgunner upper
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:46:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2011 5:47:27 AM EDT by JohnStoner]
I like the idea of a brake, but seeing the accuracy/powder dispersion of the vortex bi-lock really won me over.  I ended up putting vortex bi-locks on both my 18" 5.56x45 & 18" 7.62x51 AR's & love them.  Sub moa without issue.  I'd suggest the vortex as a result =)

Edit: Not to say the flash hider made my guns into sub moa when they weren't already, just figured it couldn't hurt =).
Top Top