Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2011 3:03:25 PM EDT
I just got home with Gemtech G5 from the fun shop.

It came with a phantom QD mount that I'm going to put on a S&W MP15 but I also have some more ARs that I need to equip with a QD mount.

are there any options other than the Gemtech vortex and phantom mounts?

If so, what are some sweet ones and where can they be found?
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Apparently PWS used to make one of their brakes with a G5 mount, but they no longer do so. I even emailed em about a few months ago and they told me they didn't have any more left nor plans to make any more. I don't know of any others. I've heard rumors that Battlecomp may come out with a G5 mount Battlecomp but I haven't heard anything solid about that. So as far as I know the only ones still in production are the Phantom and Vortex. I've got a G5 and would love to get a comp mount of some kind for it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Do they not make the A2 birdcage anymore?
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Rumor has it that they are working on a quick-mount version of the battle comp. We can only hope!!!!!

My Form 4 for my Gentech G5 is now pending for 70 days.  The wait is KILLING me. It's almost 6 months since I actually ordered the thing through my SOT.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea the wait for my suppressor was made much more easy by the 6 month wait for my smartgunner upper
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:46:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the idea of a brake, but seeing the accuracy/powder dispersion of the vortex bi-lock really won me over.  I ended up putting vortex bi-locks on both my 18" 5.56x45 & 18" 7.62x51 AR's & love them.  Sub moa without issue.  I'd suggest the vortex as a result =)

Edit: Not to say the flash hider made my guns into sub moa when they weren't already, just figured it couldn't hurt =).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top