Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2018 11:37:15 AM EDT
Which is better and are they worth the money?
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
When in doubt about a trigger, buy Geissele. It will be the best trigger for the application and Bill Geissele is a fine gentleman and supportive of all things we do.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Never tried the Timney, but I have the Geissele Super Sabra and Lightning Bow in my X95.  It's a fantastic trigger - better than some bolt guns I've fired.

Not cheap, but worth it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never tried the Timney, but I have the Geissele Super Sabra and Lightning Bow in my X95.  It's a fantastic trigger - better than some bolt guns I've fired.

Not cheap, but worth it.
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a tav d by shooting sight in my SAR and x95. The x95 also has a geissele Lightning bow it makes for a very nice trigger. I think Timney had issues with their tavor packs early on though they have probably fixed that by now. But considering Timneys has the highest MSRP and the early hiccups they would go to the bottom of my list in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 4:35:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a tav d by shooting sight in my SAR and x95. The x95 also has a geissele Lightning bow it makes for a very nice trigger. I think Timney had issues with their tavor packs early on though they have probably fixed that by now. But considering Timneys has the highest MSRP and the early hiccups they would go to the bottom of my list in my opinion.
View Quote
Another vote in favor of the Shooting Sight trigger.

FWIW: I had a Timney before the Tav-D, and it has real trouble igniting hard primer mil-surp ammo. About 50% or so light strikes. It will run through commercial stuff like a raped ape, but that bulk lot of LC surplus with "crimped" primers needs a different sear pack to function. I decided that I want a sear/trigger that works with anything I choose to feed it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 8:31:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a tav-d and love it, for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Go with Geissele or Shooting Sight

Timneys seem to use a less powerful hammer spring and can result in light strikes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top