Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/4/2007 10:55:02 AM EDT
alright i am planning on getting some new gear. i am gonna attend some classes in the future at tactical response that calls for me needing a plate carrier and such. i also need a thigh holster or chest mounted one. haven't quite decided. i want to be able to run my primary gun m4, shotgun, and sidearm on the setup that i get. as i will be trainning and using a scatter gun quite frequently.

so this is my thoughts so far and what i have decided to go with. please add your thoughts and opinions and help me out.

the budget for the whole shebang is $500 needed for trainning and active shooter scenarios.
1 HSGI weesatch
2 safariland 6004 thigh holster, or do i go chest mounted?
3 patriot performance shotshell panel, holds 12
4 patriot performance quad .45 mag holder
5 strike hydration carrier
6 strike medic pouch filled with all my needed suplies.
7 tactical tailor exe pouch horizontal

tell me what you think. thanks.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:00:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DoTheDietDew:
the budget for the whole shebang is $500 needed for trainning and active shooter scenarios.
1 HSGI weesatch

1. $180
2. $100+
5. $30
6. $30 for pouch + $40-$60 for med kit
7. $35

That's $415.00 for what I know the current pricing on (using $40 for the med kit).

Personally, I'm not a big fan of chest-mounted pistols, though I do admit to wearing a handgun in my 2pc MAV using a SOTech Hellcat holster.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:04:15 AM EDT
the main reason for the chest mounted holster or even the possibility of one is so all i have to do is throw on the rig, and i am g2g in a hurry if need be. that way i don't have to throw on the rig, strap on my thigh holster and such. quick dawning on and off is the main element i am going for.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:05:17 AM EDT
nix the chest holster... for your intended use a SL 6004 will fill the role.

12 reload shells?

how about just going tactical tailor and spinning up as your needs change.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:07:36 AM EDT

the main reason for the chest mounted holster or even the possibility of one is so all i have to do is throw on the rig, and i am g2g in a hurry if need be. that way i don't have to throw on the rig, strap on my thigh holster and such. quick dawning on and off is the main element i am going for.

you will quickly find out how well your primary sling *likes* your chest mounted holster.

If you have to have a pistol *on* the rig, look at using a single M4 mag shingle or magzine pouch. you can stuff a pistol into most, or run an M4 mag... dual purpose.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:08:35 AM EDT

for your intended use a SL 6004 will fill the role

i was thinking alon those same lines as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:13:48 AM EDT
Are you ditching the "everyday" belt rig for the plate carrier ( chest - thight mount) rig?

If so don't look at speed look at performance. you have to drop the duty belt so why not just have a belt set up for the SL 6004 and then don the plate carrier.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:20:10 AM EDT

Are you ditching the "everyday" belt rig for the plate carrier ( chest - thight mount) rig?

rodger
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:39:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TimW:

1 HSGI weesatch

1. $180
2. $100+
5. $30
6. $30 for pouch + $40-$60 for med kit
7. $35

That's $415.00 for what I know the current pricing on (using $40 for the med kit).

Personally, I'm not a big fan of chest-mounted pistols, though I do admit to wearing a handgun in my 2pc MAV using a SOTech Hellcat holster.

Wheres a good place to pick up a quality Med Kit? Should the USMC IFAK be fine or do I need all the goodies recommended in the "Blow out" thread?

CXS
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:45:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/4/2007 8:38:41 PM EDT by Custom-X_Sponjah]

alright i am planning on getting some new gear. i am gonna attend some classes in the future at tactical response that calls for me needing a plate carrier and such. i also need a thigh holster or chest mounted one. haven't quite decided. i want to be able to run my primary gun m4, shotgun, and sidearm on the setup that i get. as i will be trainning and using a scatter gun quite frequently.

so this is my thoughts so far and what i have decided to go with. please add your thoughts and opinions and help me out.

1 HSGI weesatch

CXS
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:18:50 PM EDT
i used my army issued ifak as a starting point added quite a bit and that is why i need another aid pouch, i am running out of room in the issued case, i added more hemcon, 2-3, moe CAT tourniqutes, you can never have enough, israli bandages and a bunch of other stuff, as well as a few more, pairs of rubber gloves.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:34:51 PM EDT
get in good with the EMS guys, and gank stuff from them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:56:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By leo84:
get in good with the EMS guys, and gank stuff from them.

that is exactly what i do, i ask the medic in my platoon for stuff all the time
Top Top