PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:53:25 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By will-1:

I’d make extra copies of your receipt with s/n of the sentinel & data sheets and keep them together. And any correspondence or whatever type of evidence you might have to show you sold them (PayPal transaction, etc). Hopefully you notified the buyer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By will-1:

I’d make extra copies of your receipt with s/n of the sentinel & data sheets and keep them together. And any correspondence or whatever type of evidence you might have to show you sold them (PayPal transaction, etc). Hopefully you notified the buyer.
I have not notified the buyer because I don't remember who it was. I sold it in early 2018 I believe, but I also sold a few other tubes around then. I've been digging through stuff trying to find who it went to so I can let them know. No luck so far.

Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:

If anyone is in this type of situation, please send us the serial number via e-mail and we would be more than happy to provide a copy of paid invoices (names will be redacted if you are not the original purchaser) with original serial numbers annotated.

Note: Some records from 2015 or earlier may be more difficult to locate as we changed some record-keeping systems, but we will do our best to help out however possible.

~Augee
Thanks Augee, I will be doing that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 8:35:55 PM EST
I was told by the dhs agent back in April that i did not need to try and contact anyone i sold the items to, not that i could track it back from 2015ish anyhow. It would be great if there was something updated from dhs, because i also received the form, but sold the tubes long ago as well, and did not keep any record of who it was who bought them. There is no option to voluntarily turn in something no longer posesed on the form.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:32:35 PM EST
Interesting the time frame.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-requires-harris-and-l3-divest-harris-s-night-vision-business-proceed
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:37:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/8/2020 10:37:17 PM EST by chosos]
Originally Posted By SFCCHANCE:
Interesting the time frame.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-requires-harris-and-l3-divest-harris-s-night-vision-business-proceed
View Quote
I am not sure I understand what you are getting at. They made them split it up prior to the merger, so 1 manufacturer would not have a monopoly on the technology. There wasn't really anything sinister about it from what I read.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:11:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By sbye:

I have not notified the buyer because I don't remember who it was. I sold it in early 2018 I believe, but I also sold a few other tubes around then. I've been digging through stuff trying to find who it went to so I can let them know. No luck so far.
View Quote
I sincerely feel for all you guys who got caught up in this shit show.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:40:56 PM EST
I am not sure I understand what you are getting at. They made them split it up prior to the merger, so 1 manufacturer would not have a monopoly on the technology. There wasn't really anything sinister about it from what I read

The Timeframe was at the height that this "image tube drug dealer", was selling off all them tubes on the EE. Same timeframe that those companies were merging. Just interesting.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:40:11 PM EST

The Timeframe was at the height that this "image tube drug dealer", was selling off all them tubes on the EE. Same timeframe that those companies were merging. Just interesting.
View Quote
You’re referring to the wrong company. Lamneth didn’t work at Harris or L3 when this all went down.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:41:14 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:02:49 PM EST
Well good thing I checked this thread, I dont use the email DHS has on file very often anymore and received the property relinquishment form on Feb 6th

for those of you in the same situation this is the subject line to look for.
Re: Homeland Security Notification - Action Required
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:16:47 AM EST
This has got to be one of the most gut wrenching threads on arf.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:31:52 AM EST
Originally Posted By joleson:
This has got to be one of the most gut wrenching threads on arf.
View Quote
It is. I need a therapy group for it. Which is why I'm hanging out so much more here than I have in years past. Ya'll are my therapy group now. So post some cool stuff so I can get my mind off it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:57:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By tlandoe07:

You’re referring to the wrong company. Lamneth didn’t work at Harris or L3 when this all went down.
View Quote
I never said that he did.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:18:41 PM EST

View Quote
Exactly which aviation company did he work at then?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:57:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/11/2020 10:58:29 PM EST by Conspiro-Agnew]
View All Quotes

I mean, this thread is about what Lamneth did to members here and the follow up discussion on how the process is going, what people have to do from here on out, and people like TNVC offering to help those affected. You brought the dialogue about Harris selling off their NV business in the merger with L3, so if you didn't mean to insinuate that Lamneth had anything to do with them, what does it have to do with this discussion versus starting a different thread about that topic? What does it (Harris selling off the NV operation to merge with L3) have to do with this thread?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:23:19 AM EST
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:
I mean, this thread is about what Lamneth did to members here and the follow up discussion on how the process is going, what people have to do from here on out, and people like TNVC offering to help those affected. You brought the dialogue about Harris selling off their NV business in the merger with L3, so if you didn't mean to insinuate that Lamneth had anything to do with them, what does it have to do with this discussion versus starting a different thread about that topic? What does it (Harris selling off the NV operation to merge with L3) have to do with this thread?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:

Prob should have started a new thread on that one, it was just very interesting.

Oh thanks!!!! So it was ASU he worked for then.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top