Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/7/2010 7:38:00 AM EDT
I currently have a Benelli, Inertia Driven, and I love the gun. The only thing I wish is that it was gas driven to make the recoil less (I have a wood stock right now). Is there any gas driven gun, of high quality like Benelli, that is as reliable with just as little matenence? I know people have gone multiple thousands of round with Benelli's between cleanings, and have no issues. I was just curious if there are gas driven shoty's that require as little cleaning.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:14:31 AM EDT
You can try the FN SLP/Winchester SX2/SX3, which are modern gas guns and quite reliable, but which do have to be adapted when switching between light and heavy loads. Berettas have a good reputation too, and the new (coming soon) Remington Versa Max is claimed to be super-reliable. However, gas guns do still need some basic level of cleaning and maintenance to keep the gas system clean - if you don't have the time or inclination to clean your shotgun, then you are probably best off sticking with the Benelli and sticking a recoil-absorbing buttpad on it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:55:06 AM EDT
I prefer Browning recoil-action semi-autos.

It's a shame that folks stopped making them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:12:10 AM EDT
Let me clear something up. I know some of you probably think I neglect my guns, since I asked about not cleaning etc. I do take care of my firearms and clean them after every outing. I just was wondering if there was any gas guns that had the reliability and ease of matenence of an inertia driven shoty.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:13:47 AM EDT
Given the nature of a gas gun's operation, I doubt you'll find one that is as tolerant of dirt as a Benelli inertia gun.

That said, modern gas guns like the SX3/Gold/Maxus are pretty tolerant of dirt. They will handle several hundred rounds before needing attention. Of course, the quality of shells plays a role too.

IMO, the mitigated recoil is worth it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:17:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 10:23:17 AM EDT by mike103]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:41:48 PM EDT
Beretta A391 Xtrema II is supposed to be as reliable.

Browning Gold/Silver/Winchester/FN is probably fairly reliable too.

I'd probably just get a 1100 and learn to work on it.

All of the Browning Long Recoil designs are good to but you did ask for gas.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:59:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 1:00:21 AM EDT by Alien]
Nobody's mentioned the Benelli M4 Super 90? I know they are expensive though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benelli_M4_Super_90
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:12:48 AM EDT
I am aware of the M4, and I know it has the "self cleaning" Argo gas system, But i didnt know if this set-up was as "dirt-resistant" as an inertia driven shoty like an M2 etc.
Top Top