Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2005 2:49:47 PM EDT

I took my Greek return to the range today for the first time and put a bunch of the Greek ammo through it.  It ran great, not one problem.  I did notice something interesting though, most of the brass had a small flattened spot on the side of the neck.  Has anyone noticed this as well?  What causes this?

I hadn't noticed this on my M1A but I really wasn't paying close attention.

Jeff
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That is caused by the op rod wacking the neck and that throws the brass out to the right front.. this is normal and nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That is caused by the op rod wacking the neck and that throws the brass out to the right front.. this is normal and nothing to worry about.

I'm glad to know it too, because mine does the same exact thingand wasn't sure what the deal was.  Thank you.  Are you the same HighPowerShooter as on Battlerifles.com?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#3]
My 43 Springfield does it as well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
My 1955 HRA really dinged them up when I first started shooting it, My 1953 SA is not  as bhard on the casings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top