Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/21/2005 10:39:27 PM EDT
I am contemplating rebarreling my Garand. If I do I want the best possible barrel that is still JCG match legal but not overly expensive and that wouldn't wear out quickly. I guess I am trying to find a barrel with good accuracy, low cost, and be mil-spec. So what are your guy's suggestions. I was checking out barrels sold by DGR Restorations and they offer barrels by Wilson Arms, Krieger, Criterion, and Citadel. All of those are available in 30-06 and have the military contour. The barrels range in prices from $149 to $525. So which would be the best for someone who want a good shooting barrel that would take the abuse of going out shooting alot? I don't know if I would want to take a rifle with a match grade barrel out shooting alot. I am totally open for suggestions. I just want to keep in the specs of being 30-06, military contoured, low cost, and still provide good accuracy. Thanks Arvin

Barrels at DGR Restorations
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:26:17 AM EDT
You might also check out www.champchoice.com

If I were making the choice, that Criterion barrel would be hard to beat IMHO. From those I have heard that have gone that route, they have been more than satisifed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:17:39 AM EDT
Received my Criterion barrel from CMP just this morning. $171.00 to my door. I know it's a little higher than other places, but I like supporting the CMP any way I can. Now to find someone to install and finish ream the chamber. Checking with Tim Strait in Houston now to get it scheduled in. He is 4 weeks behind and will soon be on vacation. OH well, gives me a chance to shoot up the rest of the KA ammo I have on hand. These are made by a subsidiary of Kreiger
Top Top