Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/18/2006 8:09:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 8:10:45 AM EDT by coyotewillie]
Can someone tell me about the lockbar sight? When was this used, on any specific rifles, better than a standard, etc? Also what finish....Park'd? Guys got one for sale on another channel for $60, will need refinished sounds like. He's also got an 03A3 rear sight for $20. Good prices?? Was interested in both. Thanks. Greg
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:16:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 12:24:00 PM EDT by Coopmandu]

Originally Posted By coyotewillie:
Can someone tell me about the lockbar sight? When was this used, on any specific rifles, better than a standard, etc? Also what finish....Park'd? Guys got one for sale on another channel for $60, will need refinished sounds like. He's also got an 03A3 rear sight for $20. Good prices?? Was interested in both. Thanks. Greg

Are you using it for a restoration? Because if not they kind of suck for general shooting. The postwar sight is much better.

Don't know the exact serial # range but they were used on all WW2 rifles. And theirs also different types of lockbars according to serial # range.

Your best bet would be to go hereand check with these guys. They know their stuff.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:46:17 PM EDT
I don't know much about them but this one seems to be pretty special ..

Ebay addy, NOT MINE...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:26:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Aahhyes68:
I don't know much about them but this one seems to be pretty special ..

Ebay addy, NOT MINE...

That's because it's a Type I lockbar. They are VERY rare; probably more rare than flush nut sights. I've seen several flush nut sight sets for sale but this is the first time I've seen a Type I. It looks pretty much the same as a Type II lockbar but the pinion uses a different thread and is shorter.

$60 for a complete lockbar sight set of any type is a deal. Unless you just like lockbars, like I do, I'd just get a T105E1 set.
Top Top