Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2005 5:14:16 PM EDT
I purchased an M1 last year at Camp Perry. I was not sure if there were any records of where the rifle was, who it was issued to etc... Does anyone know if there records are listed anywhere that I could look up my rifles history? BTW -  I missed this year at Perry, looking forward to 2006!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I purchased an M1 last year at Camp Perry. I was not sure if there were any records of where the rifle was, who it was issued to etc... Does anyone know if there records are listed anywhere that I could look up my rifles history? BTW -  I missed this year at Perry, looking forward to 2006!!

No flame, but think about what you are asking for.

In M1 production there was something like close to 4-5 million rifles produced not to mention Carbines, pistols, BAR's, etc., etc. In order to keep that detailed of a history, over that length of time, with that many weapons, with that many soldiers is all but impossible. Think about how much paperwork would have to be stored just for one rifle alone, not to mention millions upon millions.

About your only hope and it is a small one, is to try the Springfield Reseach Service. You plug in your serial number and maybe, just maybe you will get a hit. Don't get too excited though, it may just be a limited snapshot in time of where at one time your rifle was. You will not get a totally detailed record of who, what and where it was since it was made.

www.armscollectors.com/srs.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top