Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2002 5:25:18 PM EDT
I am looking for 30-06 sprng ammo for my Garand.

I am a cheap bastard and want to pay less than .50 per round.

I prefer PMC.
I will only shoot brass.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
reload, it's pretty hard to find any cheap surplus '06 anymore. IMR 4064 or 4895 are great powder choices. Some folks report good results with Varget.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know what the cost of Yugo M-2 is per round but it's good ammo and anything headstamped 57 or later in non corrosive. Then there is Talon brand. it's remanufactured using U.S.G.I. components. They take unfired G.I. ammo (corrosive) and remanufacture it as non corrosive. Or so they claim.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#4]
You can get USGI Lake City M2 BALL from the CMP, A 400 rd ammo can runs about $ 98 shipped which ends up just under $ 5 a box = 25 cents per round + a ammo can. You do have to be a member of an affiliated club though, but a GCA membership is only $ 20  year and qualifies for ordering ammo and parts etc.. www.odcmp.com
The Cavm on 1919 links is okay if you can still find some. There's also Taiwan and Yugo ball uot there but some if not all is possibly corrosive.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:28:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Chestnut Ridge was selling new production Yugo PPU M2 spec. ammo for $63 per 200 rds. which is $0.315 per round www.chestnutridge.com

Cole Distributing had FNM (portugese? Spanish?) for $29.00 per 100 rds. or 29 cents rd. www.coledistributing.com

I believe both are OK for the Garand. This info. is a little dated so I would telephone them to confirm before ordering.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:53:05 AM EDT
[#6]
CMP has pretty good deals on ball ammo
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Well I ordered 800 rounds from CMP. I hope it doesn't take forever to get here.

I may buy some of the Talon stuff to see if it is any good.

I really like the PMC stuff and the guy that takes my spent casings really likes it.

As for reloading: I am a Network Administrator for two hospitals, I volunteer no less than four days per month as a range officer at my local gun club, and I have an active social life.

I would like to learn how to reload. But, for now I will buy my ammo.

The retired guys that pick up my brass really appreciate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top