Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/29/2007 7:19:42 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with Galati International www.galatiinternational.com

I just received their catalog and was wondering about the quality of their vests and other sewn products.

They offer a lefty tactical vest which I'm interested in.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 8:31:25 PM EDT
Never dealt with Gal-Int but seems like a Rig just like every other website carries..
I also dont like the fact that you are stuck with the way it is set up. you cant add or re arrange your pouches.
Look into a MOLLE/PALS Vest and add all the pouches you want where you want..
Im not gonna lie, I looked at one of these things real hard, and almost bought it.
But went the other route.
Im a lefty too, lemme know what your trying to accomplish with your gear and I can see if I can make it happen for ya..

CXS
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:39:14 AM EDT
I was looking for a vest w/ the left handed pistol holster. Have you seen one you liked?
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:42:57 AM EDT
Aren't the "official" ARFCOM bags made by Galati?

Mike F
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:25:26 AM EDT
I really like their rifle cases but have no experience with their other gear.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:21:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TinCan:
I was looking for a vest w/ the left handed pistol holster. Have you seen one you liked?

Alot of people (myself included) would steer you away from that configuration. The left (offhand) side of your vest is where your extra magazines should be. You'll be playing Twister with yourself when you reload from your strong side, reaching across a pistol.

That's not even getting into the safety issue of inadvertently pointing a pistol at your stomach/kidneys/liver every time you reholster.

The only time I would consider a chest mounted holster like that was if I was doing alot of driving and would need to draw a pistol while seated.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:12:55 PM EDT
They make great rifle cases. I have no complaints with it. Other than that, i have no actual experience with them.

~ISherman
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:33:28 PM EDT
I recently made a small order from them. There was some problem with my CC and they immediately called me. I got it straightened out and my order arrived 2 days later.

No flies on Galati from where I stand.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:31:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TinCan:

I decided against the vest mounted holster for the reasons stated above.
I opted for a Drop leg instead.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:40:07 PM EDT
I have three Galati rifle cases, and they are top notch all the way.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:05:56 PM EDT
I'm in possession of 5 Galati cases right now, they're nice. Not my favorite, but they're well made, that's for sure.
Top Top