Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 8/10/2011 3:21:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2011 3:22:18 PM EDT by jnk556]
I won a GSG AK-47 .22 in the Team Member giveaway, and I'm going to pick it up this week, just wondering if there is any problems with these guns that I should look out for, or watch for, or anything in particular that is prone to breakage?  Also, any special cleaning, lubing, tightening that I should pay special attention to??

After seeing all the GSG-5 complaints and problems, I'm kinda scared
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:21:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2011 9:21:48 AM EDT by cantgrowup]
Congratulations on winning one!  Although I have not owned a GSG-AK, I have shot one for a couple of hundred rounds.  I was very pleased with it.  It was very reliable and accurate enough for plinking.

I love my GSG-5 Carbine and my GSG-1911, but decided not to get the GSG-AK (mainly because it doesn't resemble a real AK enough... not true to scale).   I can't wait for the new GSG-MP44 to come out next year.  It's supposed to be true-to-scale.

Don't let people grumbling about the GSG-1911 scare you away from that pistol.   It's my favorite .22 pistol right now.  Sure, there have been a few issues with some of them, but ATI stands by their product.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:16:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cantgrowup:
Congratulations on winning one!  Although I have not owned a GSG-AK, I have shot one for a couple of hundred rounds.  I was very pleased with it.  It was very reliable and accurate enough for plinking.

I love my GSG-5 Carbine and my GSG-1911, but decided not to get the GSG-AK (mainly because it doesn't resemble a real AK enough... not true to scale).   I can't wait for the new GSG-MP44 to come out next year.  It's supposed to be true-to-scale.

Don't let people grumbling about the GSG-1911 scare you away from that pistol.   It's my favorite .22 pistol right now.  Sure, there have been a few issues with some of them, but ATI stands by their product.

Thanks for the info.

After looking at cutaways of the GSG AK, and the GSG-5, the bolt group looks almost identical between the two, actually there are alot of similarities between them.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Top Top