Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 7/17/2010 5:27:06 PM EDT
so supposedly someone I know has a new (from salvage) GSG-522 that he picked up for $90 but it doesn't have the receiver?

I can't find anything on GSG-5 receivers, it almost sounds to me like he found a conversion kit to make it look like an MP5, or its the full carbine but missing it, anyone by chance have any clue as to what he might mean?

also what part has the serial number on it?
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
so supposedly someone I know has a new (from salvage) GSG-522 that he picked up for $90 but it doesn't have the receiver?

I can't find anything on GSG-5 receivers, it almost sounds to me like he found a conversion kit to make it look like an MP5, or its the full carbine but missing it, anyone by chance have any clue as to what he might mean?

also what part has the serial number on it?

The right receiver half has the serial number. You would have to call Chris at ATI and if you have the original S/N then maybe he can order a new one from GSG in Germany.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#2]
just to update if anyone was having a similar issue, the salvage company had to remove the receiver to sell it because they aren't an FFL, but they removed the barrel as well

contacted ATI and they will sell him a barrel and receiver.

now to figure out how it goes together when it gets here
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top