Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 5:39:00 PM EDT
i was wondering about mounting a surefire G2 nitrolon on my rem 870. ive seen other people do it but ive heard the the lamp assemblie for that light isnt acctualy "shock isolated" and wont hold up to the recoil or the pumping of the action.  i was wondering if you guys had any experance with any of this. i know the dedicated forend is the best but im on a really tight budget rite now.

thanks for the help
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny you should ask... I just did this today for the first time.

I have my G2 Nitrolon (withou the shock isolated bezel) mounted with a TDI mount on the bottom side of my Surefire Picatinny Forend on my 870P.  I'm aware that it is strongly recommended to have the shock isolated bezel but I've heard of many people that have not had problems with these on their ARs and so I figured why not.  Also, I only shot off about 2 rounds today - 10 slugs and 10 x 00buck.

First I'll say that the light still functions perfectly.  Next I will add that I'm not exactly sure how many rounds I fired with the light mounted b/c somewhere between 15 and 20 the thing must have fallen off without me noticing from all the recoil, and I didn't notice until after I put it down.  I looked down in front of the firing line and there it was submerged in a puddle about 3" deep that sits right in front of the firing line.  Lesson learned:  Make sure the light is securely tightened in the mount (duh!?)

Anyway, my conlusion is that it works.  How long will it work or how many rounds can it withstand without the shock isolated bezel is anyone's guess, but I'll keep using it until it fails me.  I give it 2 thumbs up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top