Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2002 8:34:50 AM EDT
I have 2 handguns.  

HK USP fullsize .45
Glock 27 40S&W

With my HK at 25 feet, I can hammer out the center of a target.

With my G27 at 25 feet I can get a similar sized group but it is consistently 6-8 low.  I even like the trigger of the G27 better.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

You haven't sold the Glock yet and bought another HK that will shoot as good as the .45.

I've always had this problem with Glock's. I couldn't hit the center of the target with one if my life depended on it. On the flip side of that, I've never fired an HK that didn't do exactly what you said...hammered the center of the target out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#2]
It makes me sick when people mention both the Glock and HK in the same thread.  Glock doesnt even come close to matching the quality of an HK.  Sell that Glock and get another HK that will shoot.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Glock doesnt even come close to matching the quality of an HK.  Sell that Glock and get another HK that will shoot.

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have 2 handguns.  

HK USP fullsize .45
Glock 27 40S&W

With my HK at 25 feet, I can hammer out the center of a target.

With my G27 at 25 feet I can get a similar sized group but it is consistently 6-8 low.  I even like the trigger of the G27 better.

Have some else shoot the gun, if the results are the same, then call Glock in Syrmna, Ga. Technical Div...they should be willing correct the problem. The full size HK can't be compared to the Mini Glock 27. If your looking for a full size combat/target cannon go for the HK.  The G-'27' was made to carry, might be more discrete. All SA pistols have different points of aim, a mini is more difficult to master. Good luck.
         Gib
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You answered your own question here

I even like the trigger of the G27 better.

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I have found that the HK USP is superior to the Glock.  I would go with the HK USP as my first choice as a handgun.  With that being said, I just got my CHL permit and the G27 is my CCW.  I really like the G27 size.  As I stated earlier my groups are small enough with the G27, just low.  I guess more practice is in order.

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have found that the HK USP is superior to the Glock.  I would go with the HK USP as my first choice as a handgun.  With that being said, I just got my CHL permit and the G27 is my CCW.  I really like the G27 size.  As I stated earlier my groups are small enough with the G27, just low.  I guess more practice is in order.

That's ok.  I have 4 USPs, and I think they are superior to Glocks...but, I presently carry a G33 everyday, and I have been for the past 2 years.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a G19c which I have same problem. It shoots low and to the left. I went to the Glock Talk site and was told to try some things. What type of site on your pistol? With mine Front site 1/4 above where I want the Slug to go and it comes closer. I tried left handed and went low to the right. It's starting to come together with the help of the people at the Glock Site.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's ok.  I have 4 USPs, and I think they are superior to Glocks...but, I presently carry a G33 everyday, and I have been for the past 2 years.

I think the one you are willing to trust your life to, is the one that is the best. If you are unwilling to trust the others then they can't be considered the best. The Glocks maybe ugly but they do the job they were meant to do.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I ask why?  Sorry but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

SB

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Some guys on Glock Talk are telling me I might be "pushing it"  WTF does this mean?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Some guys on Glock Talk are telling me I might be "pushing it"  WTF does this mean?

Because of the trigger safety incorporated into the Glock, you'll have a tendency to "push" the frame of the gun when pulling the trigger. If your right handed, you'll push down and left. What you have to do is pull the trigger with the tip of your finger, rather than with the "flat" of your finger.

It takes some practice, but it will improve your groupings with a Glock.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Glock technical is suppose to get back to me with regard to a G-19, Glock rebuilt. I had Glock Nite sights installed. If your not pushing it and others are getting the same result, it might be something else. Glock tec rep I talked to the other day, said the would review the notes and get back to me...I'll let you know, when I know.
                      Gib
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#14]
The way I see it, you have 2 choices:

Aim 6-8" higher with the gl*ck. OR Sell it and buy an USC .40c.

But serously, you can get the sights adjusted or replaced if non-adjustable (stock). You can compensate your POA, or you can sell it and get a gun that works (up to your expectations), like your HK does.

-JMO,
Justin
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Keep it use it don't get fustrated. like I said in another post had same trouble. A little correction in stance, grasp and trigger position is helping. I also no matter how stupid it looks shoot at 3-5ft first. Right hand. Left hand. Both hands. Since my neck operation I needed to learn to do things different. Then I move out a little futher and also sit on the floor and shoot. I'm closer to center but the big difference is my groups are getting tighter. Keep trying you could make any gun work for you with practice. But if you want to sell it for $50.00 you know where to reach me :-}
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Low and to the left?  Yep, its your trigger press.  I have been there, done that, and got the T shirt.  You just have to practice pulling the trigger S-L-O-W-L-Y...... and start close in.  Your groups will get better with practice.

Suggest you start with gun on a sandbag to bring confidence up and then go from there.

Happy shooting.

Oh yea......H&K better than Glock?    ....BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top