Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 6:02:41 PM EDT
How do they stack up against the Springfield Armory M1A's?  I had a few SA M1A's back in the 80's and had no problems with them, but it seems like the new ones aren't what they used to be.  I'd like to get some input from anyone with experience with the Fulton versions.  Not looking at the match rifles, just the "regular" service grade.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've head Fulton is good to go, but the wait is long and the price is high.  You should check out LRB as well.  Noone makes a better rack grade rifle (All USGI)

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
My Fulton service grade runs great and the best I've done with it was a 1.5" group at 100 yards with Portugese ammo.  

However, the wait is a killer.  It took just a hair over 6 months from order to actual delivery.  

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Fulton MK14 here...........beautifully put together, great service, shoots really well.  I LIKE FULTON ARMORY!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I've seen, Fultons can accept 3pt. mounts better than newer SAI's, but SAI receivers don't have the blemishes of an FA. ....LRB's are superior to either FA or SAI in all respects.

Longhunter
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
From what I've seen, Fultons can accept 3pt. mounts better than newer SAI's, but SAI receivers don't have the blemishes of an FA. ....LRB's are superior to either FA or SAI in all respects.

Longhunter

+1.  My conclusion as well.   Have owned all three over the years.  Thwe observation on the 3 PT mount is especially on the money.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:04:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I have Fulton Armory M-1 Garand, and I love it.  I just ordered a M-14 Peerless about a month ago.  They said it would take 8-12 months to make it.  Yea it's a long wait, but it is worth it.  Fulton makes a great product.  You can't go wrong.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I've always heard that Fulton is worth the price, however, this disclaimer is posted on Warbirds website:

Due to cosmetic problems (burrs & imperfections) regarding Fulton receivers, I'll only build rifles on these receivers if the customer pays extra for clean up of metal or accepts as is.

Don't know the background on it, but it does sound strange....especially when you look at what Fulton asks for their products?!?!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Don't know the background on it, but it does sound strange....especially when you look at what Fulton asks for their products?!?!

I've seen a few Fulton's function fine but look like crap...usually you get what you pay for!

Longhunter
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Fulton gets their receivers from armscorp.  They supposedly check each one and are usually very good, but none of the commercial receivers are as good as the LRB or SEI (hard to find) commercial receivers.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top