Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#1]
And if the above answer is no, anyone know of anywhere that has a MAWL in stock, or for sale?
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are they on the way?
@TNVC_Sam
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That's probably the total production lot for Q3 lol
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's probably the total production lot for Q3 lol
View Quote

If I knew they were on the way, I would order one right now...can’t get an answer as to an ETA
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Supposedly Steele industries is getting some in next week
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And if the above answer is no, anyone know of anywhere that has a MAWL in stock, or for sale?
View Quote

Black and fde Mawl are in stock direct at bemeyers website.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#6]

This is why they are always oos.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 2:42:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Reasons?
View Quote

The early production NGALs had issues and were not g2g, so many found their way to the gray market, as I understand.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you installed it, how did it affect it’s performance?
View Quote

Just got my iPhone digi-scope gizmo delivery, so I'll take some pictures with/without.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Any chance that L3 will market a Civilian version of the NGAL?

I know it wouldn't be full powered, but just curious if L3 could have a chance at outdoing the DBAL's IR illuminator?
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any chance that L3 will market a Civilian version of the NGAL?

I know it wouldn't be full powered, but just curious if L3 could have a chance at outdoing the DBAL's IR illuminator?
View Quote
I wouldn't hold my breath. They can't even crank out the real ones fast enough for the Mil.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Call me weird, but I like the regular PEQ full power more than the MAWL. I own both, the MAWL is cool but I’m not a fan of the illuminator options. Just wasn’t my cup of tea. YMMV
View Quote

Call me weird too, because I’m right there with you for exactly the same reason.

Here’s my take on it. Warranty is touted as the main selling point of C units over full power units. But depending on the manufacture you might be SOL after that warranty is up anyways. So what you’re really buying is a “factory support option”. Not all factory support is created equal though, so basically you’re on you’re own with full power, or kinda sorta on you’re own with restrictions.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Call me weird too, because I'm right there with you for exactly the same reason.

Here's my take on it. Warranty is touted as the main selling point of C units over full power units. But depending on the manufacture you might be SOL after that warranty is up anyways. So what you're really buying is a "factory support option". Not all factory support is created equal though, so basically you're on you're own with full power, or kinda sorta on you're own with restrictions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call me weird, but I like the regular PEQ full power more than the MAWL. I own both, the MAWL is cool but I'm not a fan of the illuminator options. Just wasn't my cup of tea. YMMV

Call me weird too, because I'm right there with you for exactly the same reason.

Here's my take on it. Warranty is touted as the main selling point of C units over full power units. But depending on the manufacture you might be SOL after that warranty is up anyways. So what you're really buying is a "factory support option". Not all factory support is created equal though, so basically you're on you're own with full power, or kinda sorta on you're own with restrictions.
+1
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#14]
MAWL as it does everything and more for needs.  My little ass thumbs dont play well with peqs (yes i am aware i can fire off a remote switch of sorts, i like to fire direct off laser when possible though).
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I own a DBAL-A3 and use it along with a separate illuminator.  If I was setting it all up again, I'd bite the bullet and just buy a MAWL.  For inside or close quarters, the DBAL illuminator is OK.  Pass 50 yards, it's worthless.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Call me weird too, because I’m right there with you for exactly the same reason.

Here’s my take on it. Warranty is touted as the main selling point of C units over full power units. But depending on the manufacture you might be SOL after that warranty is up anyways. So what you’re really buying is a “factory support option”. Not all factory support is created equal though, so basically you’re on you’re own with full power, or kinda sorta on you’re own with restrictions.
View Quote

Yup. I’m way past the point of caring about warranty support. Industry standard for lasers is a year and typically only covers anything that resulted from poor manufacturing. Breaking it during use is not covered under warranty. So why the hell not just get a full power for a few hundred more. Extremely rare for peqs to break anyway, they’re tough little units. I still have a first gen one from 2006 that works fine
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yup. I’m way past the point of caring about warranty support. Industry standard for lasers is a year and typically only covers anything that resulted from poor manufacturing. Breaking it during use is not covered under warranty. So why the hell not just get a full power for a few hundred more. Extremely rare for peqs to break anyway, they’re tough little units. I still have a first gen one from 2006 that works fine
View Quote

So is $2k a good price for a brand new FDE FP PEQ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Brand new? I’d say yeah. $1800 is about average for used in good shape. So if cosmetics bother you, or you wanna he for sure sure that it’s in the best likely functional condition I’d do that for $2k
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#19]
and is the red laser vs green laser that big of a difference?
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I agree with that as well. $1800-2000 for a new or like new PEQ is about the going rate. I’ve seen some as low as $1300 but it was salty as fuck and I wouldn’t chance that.
Green vs red lasers is a whole different can of worms. I like green better because they are slightly more visible in daylight which makes zeroing easier. Aside from that, and confirming zero, I can probably count on half a hand how many times I’ve used a visible laser to actually shoot. The IR stuff is what’s up
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I can count on two fingers the number of times I scored green laser kills in the daylight, but it was a riot

Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

the prices seem to be increasing lately because not that long ago they were going for 1500-1800 and now all the Full power PEQ 15s I've seen on eBay have been going for between 2000-2600 with most biding ones going for about 2300
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

the prices seem to be increasing lately because not that long ago they were going for 1500-1800 and now all the Full power PEQ 15s I've seen on eBay have been going for between 2000-2600 with most biding ones going for about 2300
View Quote

No way I would buy one on eBay...this one would be brand new...just still trying to figure out if the MAWL is worth an $800 premium over the FP PEQ
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No way I would buy one on eBay...this one would be brand new...just still trying to figure out if the MAWL is worth an $800 premium over the FP PEQ
View Quote

Personally I prefer fp peqs to the mawl.

I have 4 fp peqs and several other fp lasers.

Some people much prefer the mawl. It hurts to hear but honestly the only way is to use both. Make nearby friends and try em.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Where are you guys getting these full power PEQs? I see them on Ebay for outrageous prices, but thats it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah don’t buy one there, they are practically everywhere. In my opinion, a MAWL C+ is roughly on par with a FP PEQ with some pros and cons going to each. In no way shape or form do I think it’s worth an extra $800 over a FP PEQ
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I've got a FP PEQ that's great, bought it new at $1800 w/ kit, figured that was a good price since I've seen them sold for around (usually at or just above) that price for just a used unit. Only complaint I have is that I don't fully understand how to use the illuminator, but that's a lack of effort on my part. I enjoy that it has a good form factor with good aftermarket switchology, and that it should be pretty bombproof in my hands.

The vis laser color is a wash for me. I went from a Perst-4 with the green laser, and it was mainly a novelty factor, but still pretty cool I could easily pick it out 100m away on an overcast day. The red laser on the PEQ? Pretty much only useful indoors, but I don't think it'll ever be as radiant as a decent green laser unless it was lighting shit on fire.

I didn't even consider a MAWL since paying $2500+ for a civi-restrained unit made absolutely zero sense versus spending half that for a Perst-3 with a FP laser and illuminator. I'm not drowning in cash to jump to better switchology or form factor at twice the price.

Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#29]

Quit hogging!  Mine's been on backorder with you since July!

(and yes, I know and have posted about BE Meyers business practices...)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top