Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2016 9:52:55 PM EDT
Looking to buy a used Franchi Sporting 612 28" ported barrel, wood stock. I have a few issues as I dont know if this is how this gun operates or if something is wrong with it.

When I first picked up the gun the bolt wouldnt open (only halfway). Put the gun on safe and it opened and locked back. Took the safety off and it released the bolt? (never seen a gun do this). Pulled the bolt back and it stayed open, pushed the bolt release (i think thats what its called) and nothing happens. Put safety back on and off and it releases the bolt? Next I pulled the trigger then pulled the bolt back and the safety didnt release the bolt but the bolt release button did.

So does anyone know if this is working correctly or something wrong with it? I've never seen a gun release the bolt when you turn the safety off. I also cannot find an owners manual online for this gun except this one http://www.franchiusa.com/sites/default/files/originals/product-manuals/affinity_intensity_manual_2013_0.pdf
Theres also a "bar" attached to the push safety on the fire side (with red ring). dont know what this does or what it affects.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top