Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2014 10:36:17 AM EDT
I haven't seen any mention of this trimmer but after reading some reviews of individuals who have used it, I have decided to give a Dead On Trimmer a try.

Below is a vid of what it looks like & how it works.

Dead on Trimmer Demo

The trimmer uses a micro adjustment every .001". Uses case specific inserts.

Base trimmer is $70. Carbide is $85. Comes with one insert. $20 for each additional insert.

Anyone here try one yet?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a WFT with a micrometer adjustment ability.

I just bought a WFT for 5.56/.223 but haven't done more than a handful of cases to check repeatability. Gotta sell the RCBS trimmer and get a 6.8 WFT. I have 5.56/6.8/9mm/.45/ maybe still .308 in the RCBS.

I don't have a drill press for a Dead On Trimmer, but if can be chucked in a drill and still be precise, it might be worth getting in 6.8 if they have them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just bought a WFT for 5.56/.223 but haven't done more than a handful of cases to check repeatability. Gotta sell the RCBS trimmer and get a 6.8 WFT. I have 5.56/6.8/9mm/.45/ maybe still .308 in the RCBS.

I don't have a drill press for a Dead On Trimmer, but if can be chucked in a drill and still be precise, it might be worth getting in 6.8 if they have them.
View Quote

Just did some quick research on it and a few guys on sniperhide use it in a cordless drill with excellent results. Feedback on the guy (Dustin) who mfgs/sells them is A+ as well. I will be getting one to try.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#3]
If I did not already have the WFT in .223 and .308 I would get one of those.

Real happy with the WFT trimmers so far.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Several good reviews in a couple Facebook reloading groups. I haven't bought one yet but considered it. I just like using the RCBS 3 way trimmer too much to go back to manual chamfer/debur.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just like using the RCBS 3 way trimmer too much to go back to manual chamfer/debur.
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

The guys on the 68forum have bought some and said they are great. So, yes he does make some for the 6.8 SPC.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It sounds kind of expensive considering it doesn't chamfer or debur.
View Quote

This

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#9]
The Dead on is what I wished the WFT was when I had one. That micrometer adjustment is priceless on that IMHO.

If I didn't already have a Giraud I would jump on one of those.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#10]
can't find a link to buy...   i have the WFT and the only thing thats leaves it under perfection is what this dude was able to figure out. the micro adjust ..  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top