Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2008 1:32:06 PM EDT
Does a form 4 arrive in a plain envelope or does it arrive via registered/certified mail?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Plain envelope direct to your dealer. Return address will have Dept. of Justice with NFA written across it
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:44:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Plain envelope direct to your dealer. Return address will have Dept. of Justice with NFA written across it

So the form 4 goes to the DEALER and not to me? I seem to be getting conflicting reports on this....I was previously told that the form 4 is sent by ATF to the person buying the item. The person that is the applicant.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:10:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#5]
To elaborate further, BATFE sends it to the address in the "Transferror" block on the F4.  Although, last year I had one come to me (transferee in this transaction) because the seller had moved since submitting the F4 and it was originally returned to BATFE by USPS as undeliverable.  I actually thought it was rather nice of them to have sent it to me instead of voiding the transaction and starting another application and waiting cycle.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I had the same thing happen, but I had the seller call with his corrected address.  It was for a MG, so I didnt want it getting lost.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top