Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2001 4:13:33 AM EDT
I am thinking of buying some mags from them.
Does any have any experience with them?
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#3]
One word- DON'T!!!!!!!!!  Most of his mags are cheaply-made aftermarket CRAP, and as Troy said, his customer service SUCKS!  Do yourself a favor- buy factory mags from a reliable supplier.  Almost all aftermarket mags are shite.  Too many cheapo companies tried to slam out as many hi-cap mags as they could before the '94 ban took effect, and they didn't really care whether or not they looked decent or worked.  Forest specializes in those sort of mags.  If you must buy from him, make sure to specify factory mags and in what condition.  DON'T buy any of his aftermarket shit.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Their Walther p99 HI-CAP for $29.95 had caught my eye.
I also wanted to see how much they wanted for LaBelle Mags.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Have posted this over the years:

Years ago, saw Forrest's ad in Shotgun News.

Called them up, to order 30rd Colt Mags.

Used were $20, New were $35.

Ordered several New at the higher price.

What I received was not new.

Called them thinking it might have been a mistake order-taking/packing.

Shithead on the phone glibly explained,
"they were *charged*, but never fired."

Called Shotgun News several times.
They never did anything.

They all can go to hell.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
If he's offering P99 mags for $29.95, I guarantee you they are aftermarket pieces of crap.  Don't do it, you'll just be throwing your money away.  Real factory P99 pre-bans are around a hundred bucks apiece.  You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:15:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you
I think I will save my money and buy a factory mag.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 2:27:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Another FORREST SUcKs! here.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't have time to tell you all the negative Forrest stories I've had.  Just pass.

Link Posted: 11/10/2001 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#10]
FOREST inc.    Avoid at all cost.Shipping took 3 weeks,and i live in the the same state geesh.On top of that the mags wouldnt even function in my weapon.As for the refund that took 2 weeks and they tryed to screw me out of shipping.Another SHOTGUN NEWS ad if it sounds to good to be true it probly is.

Jgsales.com     has fair prices and very friendly staff.

Dave
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Another story:

Back when I had my FFL, I'd ordered some "high-capacity" Beretta pistol magazines and had them shipped to the shop.
It seemed to take a little too long for the order to be shipped, so I called and verified the shipment.
When it arrived a couple of days later, it had a double order!!!
I had twice as much as I ordered.  Oh, what to do?
I did the right thing and sent back the extras.  I was Honest and didn't want the Klinton Gang to use me as the poster boy for a 'crooked gun dealer' if somehow I were to be discovered in possession of 'stolen high-capacity feeding devices', etc., yada, ad nauseum.
Of course, I did the classic "hand select" in reverse!!!
I picked the ones that looked the best and returned the rest.
I haven't really tested them thoroughly, although one of them seems to have a weak spring.
Guess I didn't really lose out by sending back the extras.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:39:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I can't tell you in human terms how bad Forest sucks.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I can't tell you in human terms how bad Forest sucks.

Please! Tell us in inhuman terms!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top