Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 8:10:21 AM EDT
Now that the GSG accessories are making there way around, has anyone installed the GSG railed forearm yet? How did it mount up i.e. solid, comfortable, etc?

I noticed in one of the tacked threads that a couple of the airsoft metal ones can work with varying degrees of modification. That said, I'm curious to get as many opinions/see pics of what others have done on their GSGs. Given the price of accessories, it's not something I want to guess at without a bit of research. Given the choice, I'd much rather have a nicer metal one.

So... any and all opinions... let's here them!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#1]
+1

I've been wondering the same thing as to how sturdy they mount up and how solid the VFG's attach to the rails. My guess is that some of the aluminum ones are more solid but it also depends on how well the parts are mod.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I just installed the GSG Tactical Handguard and Fore Grip.  The handguard is plastic but with a much tighter fit than the OEM handguard.  No movement at all.  The Fore Grip is also plastic and it seems to mount up solidly.  Unfortunately I have not been able to compare it with the CA or other airsoft models.

http://www.pacificcomp.com/public/gsg5/gsg-5_retracted.jpg
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
i've been looking into this too.  after spending way too much time on it, i've come to the conclusion that i might as well just get the GSG brand.  it might not be as tacticool as some of the others, but its less expensive than almost all of them, and the fit and durability is definitely better than any of the airsoft stuff, and is rivaled only by real HK stuff (which is at least 2x as expenive).
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i've been looking into this too.  after spending way too much time on it, i've come to the conclusion that i might as well just get the GSG brand.  it might not be as tacticool as some of the others, but its less expensive than almost all of them, and the fit and durability is definitely better than any of the airsoft stuff, and is rivaled only by real HK stuff (which is at least 2x as expenive).

Yeah, after scouring the web I've found myself today kind of going back and forth with that same line of thinking. I haven't seen the GSG one in person but from the photos I've seen, it looks fat and bulky compared to the metal airsoft ones. I don't know. I'm in no huge rush though so I'll take my time and keep researching I guess.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:20:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the metal version that can be had, sure it requires slight modification to get it to fit and work, however, it gives the gun some substance and takes away from its plastic toy feel.  It also makes the gun significantly heavier, which some may or may not like.  Personaly I like the gun to feel like a real gun and less like an airsoft or bb gun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#6]
i wound up ordering the GSG grip.  got it for $89 shipped from Copes Dist.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I just don't like the look of this forearm.  It looks too bulky and takes away from the line of the MP5 family.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I've decided to take my time and find a decent metal RIS (maybe the CA?) and do the required mods. Even though it'll be more money, in the long run I'll forget about the dollar amount, but if I don't like the stock, I'll feel "stuck" with it. The stock GSG fore-end on mine is relatively solid (compared to the buttstock) i.e. it doesn't wiggle back and forth, so time is on my side.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top