Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 5:00:19 PM EDT
ANyone have any personal experience w/ the Bulter Creek or Ram Line folding stocks on a mini?  If so, waht's your opinion?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I do...

The Ramline is basically junk.  Think toy stuff.  The folding butt and hinge assembly are all plastic.  It is wobbly, flexible.

The Butler Creek and Choate folders have very stout, no slop hinge/latch assemblies.  They are steady, high quality stocks.  Pick one, both are just as good as the other.

The Choate has plastic overmolding much of the steel mechansim, but it is quite solid.  The Butler Creek is more "skeletonized", with just steel rod and a rubber buttplate.  It is not nearly as comfortable as the Choate.

The Ramline is just not a serious piece of equipment.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for quick response.  Your advice confirmed my suspicions about the ramline.  I ddin't ahve any ionfo on the Choate.  I'll try to locate on of them.  Thanks again, ZT
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll second the Butler Creek folder as a great stock. It took me a while to put on as the fit was extremely tight but thats the way its supposed to be. It really is a nice fold mechanism. Very solid. I think it cost me $84 after tax(no shipping)(only because I live local) for the Stainless model. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for the butler creek
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a ramline as part of a trade.  It is junk.  I have been unable to sell it .  Why?  it is junk.  

I have a Choate and like it.  My only critism would be that I wish it was a bit stiffer towards the front end.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Butler Creek all the way.  Strong but light and non-bulky.  Comes with a plastic tube to sheath the part that touches your cheek for temperature protection.  Not the most comfortable though.  I even have one on a shotty.  Choate is good but bulkier.  Don't bother with Ramline stocks and bipods, they are a joke.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:53:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:44:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I looked up the CHoate.  I prefer its buttstock design.  Choate  Now I just need to find a good price on one.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top