Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2017 4:55:56 AM EDT
I bought a ergo grip for my scar and the color is way off! I pictures of the grip on midway USA isn't even close.It almost looks like magpul sand color and I would like it to match the color of the lower. If anybody knows the rit dye formula that almost matches the color of the factory lower or factory grip help me out! Thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Embrace the 50 shades of FDE.

Not a problem with the (more accurate) black version of the SCAR 17.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I bought a ergo grip for my scar and the color is way off! I pictures of the grip on midway USA isn't even close.It almost looks like magpul sand color and I would like it to match the color of the lower. If anybody knows the rit dye formula that almost matches the color of the factory lower or factory grip help
me out! Thanks
View Quote

The rubber polymers do not usually take dye unfortunately..
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Shoulda got black. It shoots straighter and is more better. Jk. And the rubber won't take the dye, it will come right off in your hands, I've tried, and it doesn't work, it looks cool, until you touch it. Lol
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Put a black ergo grip on it, it may look kinda cool.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The black grip does look good on the FDE rifle.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like I'm fucked then! Lol
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bought a ergo grip for my scar and the color is way off! I pictures of the grip on midway USA isn't even close.It almost looks like magpul sand color and I would like it to match the color of the lower. If anybody knows the rit dye formula that almost matches the color of the factory lower or factory grip help me out! Thanks
View Quote

I actually like the contrast, here's a pic of mine

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll check out Parker Mountain.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:10:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought some accessories from Parker Mountain machine, I bought the Magpul miad grip. I will decide which one I like better and go from there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoulda got black. It shoots straighter and is more better. Jk. And the rubber won't take the dye, it will come right off in your hands, I've tried, and it doesn't work, it looks cool, until you touch it. Lol
View Quote
My black SCAR is varying degrees of black and my receiver is dark navy blue.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#11]
LOL at expecting any colors to match on a Scar FDE. Mines about 87 different shades.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top