Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2002 7:20:41 PM EDT
Not expecting "expert" legal advise, but opinions from experience.
Next week flying to Vegas from N.C. Picking up a rental vehicle for 11 days, driving "all over" Utah and northern Arizona (on the way back to Vegas)
Usually when I head out west I drive, so any weapons are locked and stored seperatly on my possesion in the vehicle. Since I'm flying, what are my chances of taking a revolver with me on my trip? Is this a bad idea? (flying Sept. 10th). Can I "store" the weapon in my "check in" luggage, then store it locked in the vehicle while driving? Don't need to take it (weapon) with me (especially if it's going to be a big hassle). Wuld just like some feedback.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:14:33 PM EDT
I'd check with the Utah Attorney General's office for any specific requirements, attygen.state.ut.us/. I travel to Utah from Wyoming with my firearms without a problem. But if I have the FOPA law right, as long as it is legal for you to posess the firearm in the state you are leaving from and legal to possess in the state you are going to, it is legal to transport it through the other states, as long as it is properly stowed. If I'm wrong, I'm sure the others will correct me soon enough . If you're planning on concealed carry, I would recommend contacting the AG's office of those states and verify reciprocity. Hopefully this info is accurate.
Top Top