Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 12:09:36 PM EDT
Greetings!

I’ve been looking at the Surefire Fury tactical light; the one with the “donut” around it that allows you to hold it like a syringe. Aside from the fact that it DOESN’T have a strobe this model seems ideal for me. Here are the features I’m looking for….

-500+ Lumens
-the “donut” so it can be held like a syringe
-strobe function (especially if it is a 1-touch strobe rather than requiring morse-code)

Does anyone have any suggestions that would be better than the Fury?

Thank you in advance!
M
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the Fury is a steal for the money, and top notch warranty.

If you dont want to spend $100, the G2X and 6PX are pretty cheap too. (200L, no strobe)

Edit: Z2s has strobe, but im pretty sure its 200L
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]
They will have a 25% sale on black Friday.

cyber Monday.

Check out their facebook page.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They will have a 25% sale on black Friday.

On Surefire's website?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
That, and watch LAPG...they have great prices on SF, and often have discount codes and stuff.

Love me some SF  

My Fury fits and runs on a rechargeable (17670) just fine too!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you everyone! Fury it is!
M
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:16:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a G2 with a 260 lumen replacement bulb on my rifle and it is MORE than enough to light up a room or search outdoors at 100+ yards. I also have the 15/320 lumen 6PX Pro for my hand light and again it is overkill most of the time. Actually you must be careful when using high lumen lights, if you shine it on a bright white or reflective surface you can easily accidentally blind yourself.

However, keep in mind the X series of lights, 6PX,  G2X, P2X, etc... are NOT designed to be a mounted weapon light. I noticed this early on when i would set my 6PX Pro down on the table a little too hard while i was working and it would change from the 15 lumen to 320 lumen setting without anything touching the back button. In fact you can hold it in your hand and hit the frame with your other hand and it will change light settings or flicker on and off for a second. From what i read it doesnt have the necessary shock absorbing spring to be a weapon light, even the single output Tactical models can flicker when shooting. However, if its just intended to be a hand held light im sure it will work just fine, i know mine is awesome :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top