Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/31/2002 12:09:40 PM EDT
I have a post ban Beretta 92F and I wanted to buy one of those threaded barrels from guns-n-stuff and then buy one of their flash suppressors. Is this legal to install???
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 12:27:26 PM EDT
thats one evil, so as long as you dont have any kind of heatsheild/handguard or go overweight, i thinkg your ok. im not sure if a threaded bbl and a flash supressor are considered 1 or 2 evils though, so check on that.

if you dont mind my asking, why put a flash supressor on a 9mm?
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 12:37:17 PM EDT
To answer your question I`m one of those guyes who wants to make most of his guns as evil looking as possible
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 3:44:01 PM EDT
Seems like CA residents can't do it. At least they were not able to purchase the USP Tactical with the threaded barrel.

If PA allows a threaded barrel you should be OK with a flash suppressor.

I am no lawyer but the evil features applies to semi auto assault rifles. Never heard it being mentioned in regards to pistols as none can have a stock without a 16" Barrel without running into NFA laws.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:35:57 PM EDT
LE6920, and all whom it may concern. their IS a AW ban on pistols.

no more than 2 of the fallowing:

mag that attaches out side of pistol grip (and yes, that bans some olympic style target .22s)

threaded bbl

weight over 50 oz (no, its not just you, that makes no gaddamn sense)

heatsheild/handguard. the exacte wordind says "a device that prevents burns to hand"

im not sure if flash supressor is one or not. i dont think it is. and, incase you didnt notice, those evils were aimed at specific weapons, and not features even more then the rifle ban.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:38:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LE6920:
I am no lawyer but the evil features applies to semi auto assault rifles. Never heard it being mentioned in regards to pistols as none can have a stock without a 16" Barrel without running into NFA laws.

If you read the law it has criteria identifying semi-auto assault rifles, semi-auto assault shotguns and semi-auto assault pistols. Did you think that Tec-9s and similar weapons went away because of lack of demand?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:03:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hoplophile:

Originally Posted By LE6920:

If you read the law it has criteria identifying semi-auto assault rifles, semi-auto assault shotguns and semi-auto assault pistols. Did you think that Tec-9s and similar weapons went away because of lack of demand?

A Tec nine has a mag ahead of the grip.

Just how many features could you add to a Beretta before it became illegal? You can't add a stock without a 16" barrel unless you want to register it. You can put on a flash suppressor what else?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:25:49 PM EDT
um, thiers really nothing for your 92. you cant have 2 evils, so with the threaded bbl your done, but even still, to make it illeagle you would have to make it weight over 50 oz unloaded(???) or add a barrel extention with some kind of tec9 like handguard.neither of those would really work. and before you think about a vert forgrip, that isnt a part of the AW ban, taht would make it an AOW, which must be registered.
Top Top