Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/29/2002 5:40:51 PM EST
Just ordered 1000 rounds of Israeli 55-gr Q3131A from Ammoman.com to store away for a future SHTF event. Up until now I've been shooting Fed's American Eagle but I decided it was time to get serious. Any recommendations on storage? I figure put it on stripper clips wrapped in bandoleers in .50 cal ammo cans? Unfortunately I don't have nearly enough mags to load it in. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:16:34 PM EST
you don't have enuff mags to load a measly 1,000 rnds of ammo into ??

SHAME ON YOU....!!

why are you concerned about stashing ? buy 10,000 rnds & burn up a thousand, buy a thousand & continually rotate oldest to newest, thats what our military does..., only they do it by the millions !!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:25:33 PM EST
Sounds like you have it covered. You may want to throw a desiccant pack in there for good measure if the area in which you live is humid, and if possible, try to store the ammo in an area with a consistent temperature, between 60-80 degrees if you can. It will last for years.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:55:41 PM EST
Stripper clips and .50 cal or 12 guage ammo cans are good. And if you have a speed loader like me, "check out Bushmaster's webpage", you don't have to really worry about having a 1000 mags. Just insert an empty mag, drop in a preloaded stripper clip and pull the handle. Zip, 10 rounds in a couple seconds.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:21:59 AM EST
Definitely get a speed loader or 'spoon' like the military uses. I keep my long term storage ammo in USGI ammo cans, on strippers in bandoleers each containing a speed loader with a small amount of dessicant but it really isn't necceassary where I live because my ammo is in a climate controlled room. It lives better than I do.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:33:21 AM EST
Originally Posted By CactusJack:
you don't have enuff mags to load a measly 1,000 rnds of ammo into ??

SHAME ON YOU....!!

quote]

Ha ha. Hey I'm not exactly rich at the moment. I was computing it in my head last night. I would need 33 USGI 30 rounders + my 1 10 rd from Bushy. You're talking about a lot of dough for used USGI's in decent condition; unless that is you want to front the cash for a brother in arms???
Top Top