Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 7/19/2008 11:54:19 PM EDT
So I picked up a GSG and have begun tricking this fun little guy out. I was getting ready to order the laser to do the cocking tube mounted mod. Well I'm glad I looked before I ordered it. I have the new style "no dimple" endcap.

So my question is has anybody gotten their new-style cap off?

I searched the forums with varying results. I don't want to scratch it all up and booger it up just to find out it doesn't come off.

TIA
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:52:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't help you but I'm sure there is someone who can.  Welcome aboard
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#2]
*bump*

I have the same question. ICS cocking tube laser sight in hand but not sure how to proceed with my new 2nd gen GSG5.  Anyone tackled this yet?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks alpo

Looks like nobody in the know has stumbled by yet so bump it is
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
even if you do get it installed, won't you have problems with not being able to zero it, and damage from heat?  i had figured a better solution would be to just get a rail system instead.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been trying to find out about reliability and haven't from my inquiries yet.  I have 2 of the lasers sitting on my work bench waiting for me to get time.  I should have around 1000+ rounds through each GSG-5 by the end of the weekend and a review to that effect with pros/cons.  If anyone has the info already it would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:52:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I was never able to get mine off and tried just about every method possible.  I wound up stripping enough of the paint of I had to "refinish" the front site with a little black matte duracoat (i had some laying around).  I am convinced that the end cap does not come off on the later models.  I went this route instead and am pretty happy with it (not cheap but fun)

Green Laser Foregrip
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top