Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 7/19/2008 10:54:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 10:55:01 PM EST by Banshee35]
So I picked up a GSG and have begun tricking this fun little guy out. I was getting ready to order the laser to do the cocking tube mounted mod. Well I'm glad I looked before I ordered it. I have the new style "no dimple" endcap.

So my question is has anybody gotten their new-style cap off?

I searched the forums with varying results. I don't want to scratch it all up and booger it up just to find out it doesn't come off.

TIA
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:52:54 PM EST
I can't help you but I'm sure there is someone who can. Welcome aboard
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:54:04 AM EST
*bump*

I have the same question. ICS cocking tube laser sight in hand but not sure how to proceed with my new 2nd gen GSG5. Anyone tackled this yet?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:29:27 PM EST
Thanks alpo

Looks like nobody in the know has stumbled by yet so bump it is
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:34:22 PM EST
even if you do get it installed, won't you have problems with not being able to zero it, and damage from heat? i had figured a better solution would be to just get a rail system instead.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:43:24 AM EST
I've been trying to find out about reliability and haven't from my inquiries yet. I have 2 of the lasers sitting on my work bench waiting for me to get time. I should have around 1000+ rounds through each GSG-5 by the end of the weekend and a review to that effect with pros/cons. If anyone has the info already it would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:52:51 AM EST
I was never able to get mine off and tried just about every method possible. I wound up stripping enough of the paint of I had to "refinish" the front site with a little black matte duracoat (i had some laying around). I am convinced that the end cap does not come off on the later models. I went this route instead and am pretty happy with it (not cheap but fun)

Green Laser Foregrip
Page Armory » GSG-5
Top Top