Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2010 4:03:48 AM EDT
I did a search and I could find no mention of the new AR, the Sig, so I figured I would start a new thread.  I've been interested in this gun since I saw a review in a gun mag a couple of months ago. I did a search at the time and could find nothing except basic discussions, no site was accepting pre-orders or anything.  I was intrigued by the magazine article as first, i seemed to be a positive review, and second, the MSP was going to be roughly $870, IIRC. Then, last night, on one of the sports channels, I saw a review of the 516.  Again, it seemed to be a pretty positive review.  That got me thinking about availability so I checked today for the availability of 516s.  This is what I found.  As I had suspected, between it being a Sig, and it just coming into the market, the price is ridiculously inflated;

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=180793521

It does have a Sig Optic, but still, $1800 is still pretty steep. How long until we can expect the 516 to be available around the MSRP of $870?
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:18:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Why was this moved to the Armory?

The SIG 516 is a piston AR (AR-15 design), like the HK 416 or the POF or the LWRC or...

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:54:15 AM EDT
[#2]

From the photo's in the ad, it's interesting that they've taken the effort to make and put on an ambi magazine release, but didn't bother to ad an ambi safety and ambi charging handle. Both are two important ambi features with the ambi safety even more essential for me than either the release or charging handle.

It is just my imagination that there's no serial number on the rifle or it's just not in the normal spot on the lower. The SIG516 that's there is the model. Maybe they photoshop covered it, but I don't know why for a sale.

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I read an article on the 516 from several months ago....but IIRC the retail MSRP was more like $1100-1300, no where near $870.

Sean
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I would be SHOCKED (and extremely interested) if the street price was anywhere near $870- let alone the MSRP. By comparison the Ruger SR-556 MSRP is $1995 and they go for around $1300

What kind of barrel profile is that?
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why was this moved to the Armory?

The SIG 516 is a piston AR (AR-15 design), like the HK 416 or the POF or the LWRC or...

Some mod in the "AR Discussions" forum has been moving threads (pretty randomly too) all over the place over the last 24 hours or so. Someones either woefully uninformed to be wielding the "Moderator" title/powers on an AR15 board, or on a bender.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It does have a Sig Optic

which is a $75 red dot marked up to $200.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top