Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2004 7:45:31 AM EDT
Completely unexpectedly, the FedEx lady arrived delivering my long-awaited Garand from CMP early yesterday morning before I went to work. I immediately loaded up my range gear and had a very productive "lunch".

I'm very pleased with the rifle. Overall condition is about what I expected. The stock has nicks and dings, but nothing too excessive and the parkerizing is in decent shape. The bore was very clean and has good rifling left. There were no malfunctions of any kind in the abbreviated range session of about 5-6 clips. I shot mostly Korean surplus, but also a gnarly mix of older surplus of all kinds of different headstamps.

I detail stripped the rifle and all the internal parts are in great shape from what I could tell. I think I managed to put the rifle back together incorrectly in all possible ways. It was a great learning experience though.

Anyway. Here are the pictures:

Serial number wise, it appears to be a May 1944 rifle. There are a few spots on the receiver where it looks like there's some brown stuff on the parkerizing which looks like old grease. Hard to tell from the pictures - anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure is pretty!

Maybe those dark spots are old German bloodstains?  
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks great.  I may have to pick one up just like it, as soon as I save up $500
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking  M1!. In the box under the OG rebuild mark there is a faint cartouch. Is it a SA over GAW? Looks likea nice WWII rebuild. Nice catch!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top