Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/22/2006 3:56:31 PM EDT
Well I finally get to post my first CMP rifle after waiting since it arrived this morning at work.

It is a Greek field grade with black park which I like.
Springfield serial # 3641xxxx
Bolt WRA winchester
trigger group is Springfield with a decent trigger pull.
Barrel is Springfield 3-51
Sights are springfield
Stock is unmarked walnut with a repair on the front hand guard. Not too many dings.
Rifle is overall a tight gun

Muzzle erosion is unknown but the bullet test is within .005 messurement of a new rifle I tested with the same bullet. ME <2?

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:54:42 PM EDT

Excellent !!!

We need a range report Sir !!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:58:50 PM EDT
If you dont mind me asking, how long did it take to get shipped to you?

I'm finishing up gathering the papers needed to send off my first CMP order. It kills me to wait for stuff like that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:46:32 PM EDT
Range report will have to wait till I can get some non corrosive ammo then oh brother
All the surplus ammo I currently have is corrosive or marked for use for testing at work.

wkenneth1
The order posted on 2-14 and shipped on 2-21
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:53:00 PM EDT
that rifle has had many rounds of corrosive through it and it is still there. dont forget your white gloves!

enjoy that rifle :)
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:20:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 4:21:16 AM EDT by MSG]
Go ahead an shoot the corrosive...Let 'er rip!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:27:27 AM EDT
Order ammo online from CMP, you will have it in 4 business days.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:46:37 AM EDT
Looking at the CMP definition of a "Field Grade" rifle, I have to wonder how your rifle met their definition. It does not (from your pictures) appear to "show more use and wear than service grade", and the muzzle wear appears to be very low. If all field grades were that nice, I wouldn't even hesitate to save the $100 and buy field grade instead of service grade. You got a nice rifle!!! Congrats

Field Grade Rifles are mechanically the same as Service Grade, except that muzzle wear may be over a 3 on a muzzle gauge. Field grade rifles show more use and wear than service grade rifles, but still meet Army criteria for issue. Selection below only guarantees the receiver was produced by the manufacturer listed. All other parts may have been produced by other manufacturers.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:14:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mnandy:
Looking at the CMP definition of a "Field Grade" rifle, I have to wonder how your rifle met their definition. It does not (from your pictures) appear to "show more use and wear than service grade", and the muzzle wear appears to be very low. If all field grades were that nice, I wouldn't even hesitate to save the $100 and buy field grade instead of service grade. You got a nice rifle!!! Congrats

CMP does some wierd grading from time to time.

The FGs were called RGs a year ago.

Some of the current RGs would have been salvage rifles 2 years ago.

Remember the barreled actions CMP sold for about a month last year, and then abruptly stopped? They are now assembling them in house and selling them, guess the grade!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:41:49 AM EDT
I ordered two rack grades from them last fall.One gauged a TE 1 ME 1.5 and the other was TE 3 ME 4.The rifles easily could have been service grade.The stock really sucked on one but everything else was nice.
Top Top