Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2002 8:19:27 PM EDT
I was doing the bump today at the range and got in a hurry to go home.  The case melted onto the barrel a little bit.  So how do I get this crap of my fine firearm?  I could scratch some of it off with my finger but not all of it.  It looks aweful.  Do I have to heat up the barrel again?
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Heres what I would do. load up some mags, put some targets downrange, give her hell, smile as you wipe the melted plastic off yur barrel. Just my $.02.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I've gotten the bushy pretty hot and always thought that the foam in the el cheapo case they send it in would melt.  Hasnt happened yet.  What kind of case was it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Next time that you are in a hurry to leave the range just drive the first 10 miles with the rifle sticking out of the window...it should be cool by then.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 3:34:29 AM EDT
[#6]
How about some kind of solvent, e.g. brake cleaner, contact cleaner, carb cleaner?

Aimless, I saw your tag line about Sedgwick.   I used to live in Sedgwick county Kansas, named after that same general Sedgwick.   Funny story about that, huh?
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 4:06:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top