Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2011 10:33:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/6/2011 10:34:22 AM EDT by screamingcolt45]
Hey everyone! I am working on gathering information and data on the Finnish P-series (P-25, P-26 and P-27) Mosin Nagant rifles. These rifles are relatively rare (8/10 on the 7.62x54R.net rarity scale) and I find them to be rather interesting, which is why I am taking the time to gather the data on them. I have pretty much exhausted what resources I have over here in the US and some in Finland so I am here, trying to expand my search a little further.

Here is what I am looking for.

Model?
Serial?
S marked?
A/B/C marked?
D marked?
Anything special/interesting?

You can also post pictures if you want, that would be sweet!

Here is the data I have currently. I only have data on a small pool of rifles (85 total), which is not too surprising considering the attrition rate for these rifles and the fact that only 13,400 or so were made.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0ApRgaEwQBTArdHhtTXFwVnFoUGJwYXJ1NzVNdW5YaGc&hl=en&output=html

Here are the images I have gleaned from all corners of the internet (including two of my former P-series Mosins)

https://pullnshoot25.sugarsync.com/albums/thumb/915876_150481

Also, if anyone has any way to ask about these guns in forums from these countries:

-Czechoslovakia
-Russia
-France
-Italy
-Germany

I would greatly appreciate it!

CARRY ON!

-N8
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 1:47:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/6/2011 1:50:14 PM EDT by ForFreedomWeFight]
I'm not sure if you have my P-27's info or not, but here it is:

P-27
no S mark
B marked
no D mark
stylized av1 marked
counterbored
stock is numbered to match, but the numbers are difficult to make out due to it being refinished at an arsenal in Finland at some point

eta: it's difficult to make out, but the marking just forward of the barrel shank in the second pic reveals that the barrel was originally of Chatellerault manufacture.
Link Posted: 6/7/2011 1:43:10 AM EDT
Yep, I did have yours already! I believe I got it off of gunboards. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/7/2011 1:59:47 AM EDT
Yep, I did have yours already! I believe I got it off of gunboards. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 9:44:38 AM EDT
No one else has one of these cool rifles?
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 7:30:17 PM EDT
Well, they aren't exactly common, and this isn't Gunboards.  The largest database of them I've heard of has less than 200 in it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 8:01:18 AM EDT
I don't know much about my finnish nagant, but I'll throw some pics up anyway just in case you notice something that you're looking for.

Link Posted: 6/15/2011 6:45:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ForFreedomWeFight:
Well, they aren't exactly common, and this isn't Gunboards.  The largest database of them I've heard of has less than 200 in it.

Yeah, I am trying to get a hold of that guy so I can compare notes with him. I know they aren't common, I just figured that a broader audience like Arfcom would yield a higher response rate.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 4:24:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By screamingcolt45:
No one else has one of these cool rifles?

I've bought every one I've seen in person!

That means I still have none.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 2:15:50 PM EDT
I updated the data sheet with 82 more entries for a grand total of 170 rifles. I got a hold of "ole fred" on Gboards and he supplied what data he had. I hope to catalog and record more in some other countries!
Top Top