Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2009 12:12:39 PM EDT
So browsing the racks of my local merchant of death yesterday I come across an SVT-40.  Very light yellow wood stock.  Arctic Birch?  Finnish [SA] property marking on the right hand of the receiver.  Forgot to check where it was made, but shop is only a 1.4 mile from my house so going back is easy enough.

Not that I need such a thing, but what would be the going rate on something like this these days?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

So browsing the racks of my local merchant of death yesterday I come across an SVT-40.  Very light yellow wood stock.  Arctic Birch?  Finnish [SA] property marking on the right hand of the receiver.  Forgot to check where it was made, but shop is only a 1.4 mile from my house so going back is easy enough.

Not that I need such a thing, but what would be the going rate on something like this these days?

Depends on condition, and location.

Finn SVT's will typically have-

-Bolt carriers in the white

-Receiver and/or magazine marked [SA]

-Stocks devoid of the shellac found on Russian refurbished rifles

-Mismatched serial #'s

-All SN's should be stamped, not electropencilled.

-regulator will have 1.3, 1.5, 1.7 2.0 markings (Russian regulators don't have 2.0)

Typically, a Finn capture SVT-40 brings $800-$1400.  

Typical Russian refurbs bring $700-$1000 or so.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Picked one up saturday for $900 FTF. No import marks.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I got mine...get off your butt and get yours......

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got mine...get off your butt and get yours......

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q319/amynruss/svt2.jpg

Got any more pics to share?

I truly believe these will be the next G/K43s.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]

I agree....prices will continue to rise....

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Anyone know the reason the Hakim/AG or the FN-49 hadn't taken off like the SVT or the G43?

Back in the 80s, the SVT, the Hakim and the FN-49 were priced about the same.

Now the SVT are in the 800 to 1k mark but the Hakim remain around 400 to 500 and the FN-49 are ranging from 400(Egyptian, Venez) - 1k(3006 version)

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone know the reason the Hakim/AG or the FN-49 hadn't taken off like the SVT or the G43?

Now the SVT are in the 800 to 1k mark but the Hakim remain around 400 to 500 and the FN-49 are ranging from 400(Egyptian, Venez) - 1k(3006 version)

They just don't have the history of the SVT or the G43

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They just don't have the history of the SVT or the G43

This...sort of.

The AG-42b's are rising in price.  A few years back (2002-2005) you could still find them sub$500.  Now a nice example will likely be $800-$1000.

The Hakim is slowly rising in price, but I think part of the "issue" with them is condition.  The Egyptians were hard on their rifle, and there are "few" pristine examples of the Hakim out there.  Also, 8mm used to be cheap and plentiful as blasting ammo.  The rise in 8mm prices has kept the Hakim's price from skyrocketing.

As the the FN-49's, the 8mm Egyptians are considered the least desirable of the lot.  The prices on them hovered for years around the $300 mark.  Just recently have they climbed into the $500+ arena.  Venezuelan and Colombian examples are "niche" collector items, and the .30-06 FN49's are beginning to push past the $1000 plateau.  

Some of the lack of price increase stems from the fact that the Ljungman, Hakim, and FN49 were not used in WW2.  Some of it stems from the fact that said rifles were not used by a major power.  

I think a true sleeper is the Rashid.  Only about 6-7000 made.  Get 'em while you can :D

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top