Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2011 11:28:49 AM EDT
I went to my CLEO, they didnt have FBI card FD-258, they had Concealed Carry Cards that they use to send to the Kansas Attorney General's office.  They printed me and I sent them off...

I was reading more stuff today about the cards...and saw that it stated that they were to be FD-258...

I am wondering if my app will be rejected?

The FBI has print cards on me already because I have my Conceal Carry license and I was also printed when I started working for the Department of Corrections for Kansas...

Just wondering if I am going to wait 2 months to hear back that I didnt send the correct cards and was rejected... OR if the cards the Sheriff's department had would be OK...

Should I wait until i see they have cashed my check, and then call the contact number and ask the question, or just give them a call now?

Anything input would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I used the JoCo Sheriff's office fingerprint cards for my 2 individual transfers.  There were no problems.

They most likely conform to the FD-258 standards.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I would wait at least 60 days before calling.
My dealer said the address wasnt filled out on my fingerprint cards.. or something like that??
Sent my F4 in 12/15, check was cashed 12/29.
I called about a week ago to see it that was gonna be an issue but still hasnt been assigned to an examiner yet.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
My SBR form 1 was held up last year because I sent the cards from the PD in. I had to resend the correct FD-258 before they approved it.

Go to the ATF website and order the correct ones. You will need them. CLICK  (right side bottom in the blue box, scroll all the way to the bottom, FBI FD-258LE are the ones you want.)

I now have a dozen on hand.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top