Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2008 2:53:50 PM EDT
There used to a be a website that sold Mausers, but I cannot find it for the life of me. I believe they were Turkish or something...anyone know what I'm talking about?
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 5:17:33 PM EDT
Everyone used to sale Turk Mausers. I remember the great days of Century's 3 for $99( I think) sales!!! Oh the good ole days........

I think Empire arms has a few for sale. Too much money though. Go with a Yugo 24/47 from AIM if you are looking for an 8mm, or better a Yugo M48 if you can find one.

Stay away from Mitchel Mausers.......

Toad

Link Posted: 11/16/2008 8:26:11 PM EDT
talk to this guy

click me!
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 9:45:04 PM EDT
I just bought a K98 from J&G Sales.  It is a Russian Capture Mixmaster, but the bore is quite nice.  I paid an extra $30 for the bore, but think it was worth it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:49:27 PM EDT
thanks guys, I just want a nice Mauser 98 to shoot for shits and grins but also for a nice piece to just put on display.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:54:36 PM EDT
Oh and why should I stay away from Mitchell Mausers...that's actually the site I was looking for.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:00:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Estorilroc:
Oh and why should I stay away from Mitchell Mausers...that's actually the site I was looking for.

they are fairly over priced. they are known to stamp german markings on non german items, etc etc.
basicaly a gray area company that has a huge advertising budget.
they will sell you a polished up yugo or whatnot and call it an authentic german
i have heard this from numerous people, and they provided proof, so i have writen that company off in my bok.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:05:03 PM EDT
So am I better off finding something on Gunbroker?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:15:41 PM EDT
ever heard the term "polishing a turd" ???

thats pretty much what mitchels mausers does. their best customer is an uninformed buyer.

check the equipment exchange here, or local pawn shops, or local gun shows.

if you plan on shooting it, the best bore is more important than the best looking. Russian Capture K98s are rougly $300 now. if you want a REAL mauser with some history, thats your best bet on a budget. i had a russian capture K98 that i removed the russian shelac from with denatured alcohol, and resealed the stock with boiled linseed oil. looked beautiful afterwards, unfortunately it had a bad bore and didnt shoot well so i sold it to fund a vet bring back K98

spend an hour a night for the next few days reading about Mauser rifles, what the codes mean, how to inspect bores, etc etc before you throw down any cash. new collectors have been frauded quite a bit lately by people selling rifles as "all matching numbers" after grinding down numbers and restamping the same serial numbers all over the rifle.

good luck! and if you need any references of where to find info on K98s let me know.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:17:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Estorilroc:
So am I better off finding something on Gunbroker?

mausers each have their own personality, its not like buying a typical glock, or any other new weapons.  i wouldnt buy a mauser i couldnt look at in person after everything ive learned.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:07:09 PM EDT
Buy a RC K98 and do some work on it.  Here's a photo of mine.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:02:42 PM EDT
Wow that looks great. So where do I pick that up? Or at least take a look at one?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:32:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jrinfoley:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/jrinfoley/P1000208.jpg

WOW that is a nice looking rifle.
I gotta get a stock for my Mauser K98 that my uncle used for hunting 40~50 years ago. It was bubba'ed (albeit a very good job)
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:54:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By perimedik:
Originally Posted By jrinfoley:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/jrinfoley/P1000208.jpg

WOW that is a nice looking rifle.
I gotta get a stock for my Mauser K98 that my uncle used for hunting 40~50 years ago. It was bubba'ed (albeit a very good job)
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/perimedik/100_1766.jpg

plenty of places to find stocks, online would be the easiest.  you could settle for an R/ C stock, they should be easy to find. but if you want a correct, NON R/C stock, expect to pay in the $300 range. i see them on EPay quite a bit, but you have to bid on them, and dont get to see them first hand. theres a guy name Mario from Europe who sells ALOT of great stocks to U.S. buyers- i dont have his info but if you google search you might find him. google. mario K98 stocks or so and see what comes up. i wish my fathers K98 wasnt bubba'd so bad by the guy he got his from... otherwise it would be a #'s matching rifle

good luck!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:02:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 11:03:15 PM EDT by Oberschutze]
In addition to the websites people have already named you can also look around at local pawn shops and sporting goods stores. You may get lucky like me!

The K98 on top i got a sporting goods store in Colorado Springs for $190. It came with the sling, cleaning rod, and sight hood and although it was a RC it looked like it had never been fired.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:28:55 AM EDT
Try Samco.  They have excellent condition Yugo M24/47's with matching numbers for $159.  Here is a link:

http://www.samcoglobal.com/m24.html
Top Top