Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 3:42:22 PM EDT
Been Looking for Unique and 231 for years and finally saw two different dealers at a gun show today who had 231! :-)

Still no Unique though. But something is better than nothing and maybe things are starting to turn for the better.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Unique been around few times since spring,, last seen about a month ago maybe..  231/HP-38 made appearance here recently, not see since maybe Thanksgiving time
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Unique and 231 has been plentiful here for sometime. The 8lb kegs of 231 have been a touch on the high side, but tolerable compared to what some are paying in other areas.
TAC on the other hand is pretty hard to find and commands a premium. Have only seen 8lb kegs twice and both times dealers wanted $250 for 8lb. I pick up the 1 lb containers every now and again to lessen the pain.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#3]
FWIW, I long ago switched to Winchester's WST and WSF as replacements for 231 and Unique respectively.  They flow better through my measure and together fit a wide variety of pistol cartridges. - CW
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FWIW, I long ago switched to Winchester's WST and WSF as replacements for 231 and Unique respectively.  They flow better through my measure and together fit a wide variety of pistol cartridges. - CW
View Quote

Local FFL #2 here has maybe 1 1/2 case of WSF in the display, some Auto Comp, but at $30.95 per, it can sit... only use I really have/had for WSF was loading 12ga, which I aint done for over 13+yr,  I been using WST since it came out back in the early '90s when WIN went from 452AA to WST,, I think I unly burned 1 bottle of 231 back then, and went to WST for the WIN !!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Varget and 231 are common in FL but @ $30+ a pound they can have it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Varget and 231 are common in FL but @ $30+ a pound they can have it.
View Quote

Varget not much problem here,  FFL #1 is $32.99 / bottle.. I dont need it...   I have 8lb I scored in powder deal a few yr ago, sold off the other powders (un-opened)  and the Varget and primers was essentailly free..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top