Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 9/12/2005 4:34:39 AM EDT
and boy was it boring. Dirty Mary of the FALFiles had a shoot with targets out to 600 yards. Once I doped out the scope settings, hitting the 12"x12" steel plate became a simple matter of holding on the plate plus good breath and trigger control. We started shooting at the base of a small tree (about 6" diameter)  next to the plate just for the dust and tree shake effect.  This was using the cheap ($179/150) Talon remanufactered loads, too. Never even bothered to break out the good A-MAX stuff. I put about 50 rounds through the rifle over about 6 hours.

I was asked to let a small kid shoot the rifle; probably around 12 years old and weighed maybe 3x what the rifle does. After a little coaching he had no trouble hitting the 600 yard target. His Dad thanked me by complaining that now he needs to go buy an AR-50 for his kid (joking about the complaint; serious about the purchase).
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:01:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you all have the .50 Cal smile?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#2]
where do you get your ammo?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The $179/150 deal was from Sportman's Guide. I got a can from them and a can from Ammoman (I think it was the same price, but I picked it up directly, so he always drops the price for cash and carry).

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top