Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2018 10:18:57 AM EDT
http://www.maglula.com/product/steyr-aug-5-56-223-striplula-10rd-loader/

I need one of these, don't think they hit the market yet though
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm curious how they make it stay put.  There's nothing back there to hold that on like that.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I use the strip Lula for M16 mags and this is the absolute best way to load via stripper clips.

I'm a buyer to have one for stripper clips, but the king of quick mags loading for me is still going to be the plate design loader.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm curious how they make it stay put.  There's nothing back there to hold that on like that.
View Quote
The original Aussie mag chargers just sit on top too, you have to keep one hand on it while you load it. Maybe the same idea?
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The original Aussie mag chargers just sit on top too, you have to keep one hand on it while you load it. Maybe the same idea?
View Quote
have to keep finger on the tail

Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I use the strip Lula for M16 mags and this is the absolute best way to load via stripper clips.

I'm a buyer to have one for stripper clips, but the king of quick mags loading for me is still going to be the plate design loader.
View Quote
Indeed.

That said, the above is a bit combersome for field deployment, and doesn't support stripper clips.  I'm interested in these stripper-clip support designs, and for the AUG, such is quite hard to come by.  Best system I've seen so far is the loader that came on top of that wretchedly bad idea Scandanavian all steel Carl Gustof ammo a couple years back.  This was all-steel SS109 that emitted metal fumes that apparently kept making Norwegian soldiers so sick, that they just recalled and dumped it all.  Dumped it all into the US market, that is.  But they came with stripper-clip mag-loaders designed for the bad-idea German assault rifle  (G36, Come on Europe, get your shit together ) which also happened to fit AUG mags too.   Anyway, that ammo had all steel cores, or something like that - which is just a Hell no.  Combined with metallurgy that apparently emitted bad fumes when fired.  So... no.  But that was only route to get these pretty darned good stripper clip loaders - that or pay a premium to someone who had one and was willing to sell it.  So I never did get one.  But to me, these seem more securely attached to the magazine than the above Lula system.

Link Posted: 7/1/2018 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm absolutely getting one.  Works with normal and AUG pmags, takes metal and RUAG/GECO plastic clips...sold!
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Just use the Cammenga easy loader. Pn rel 7.62x39.  I’ve been using it for years to load 20 rounds at a time in my factory AUG magazines. On the top of the mag loader where you insert the magazine there are two raised lines. You have to grind them down slightly with a file and the mag fit snugly then.  It works perfect.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 3:01:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Indeed.

http://i67.tinypic.com/30w9x77.jpg

That said, the above is a bit combersome for field deployment, and doesn't support stripper clips.  I'm interested in these stripper-clip support designs, and for the AUG, such is quite hard to come by.  Best system I've seen so far is the loader that came on top of that wretchedly bad idea Scandanavian all steel Carl Gustof ammo a couple years back.  This was all-steel SS109 that emitted metal fumes that apparently kept making Norwegian soldiers so sick, that they just recalled and dumped it all.  Dumped it all into the US market, that is.  But they came with stripper-clip mag-loaders designed for the bad-idea German assault rifle  (G36, Come on Europe, get your shit together ) which also happened to fit AUG mags too.   Anyway, that ammo had all steel cores, or something like that - which is just a Hell no.  Combined with metallurgy that apparently emitted bad fumes when fired.  So... no.  But that was only route to get these pretty darned good stripper clip loaders - that or pay a premium to someone who had one and was willing to sell it.  So I never did get one.  But to me, these seem more securely attached to the magazine than the above Lula system.

https://gun.deals/sites/default/files/86d125ee9ddce711f7e99f9332d720ad.jpg
View Quote
Ive got a few of those C.G. stripper clips and they do work well with AUG mags. The ammo it’s self wasn’t all steel. It has a copper/Zink jacket, mild steel rear core with a hard steel penetrator. I’ve literally fired about 4K of it with no issues ,it’s pretty good ammo.

Link Posted: 7/5/2018 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#9]
says july 2018 now
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 1:48:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Hello all,

You can order our new StripLULA for Steyr AUG here: https://zahal.org/product/maglula-steyr-aug-striplula-loader/

Thanks,

Guy Tal
maglula Ltd., Israel
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Sweet!  I emailed Magula and they said they recently shipped a bunch to Brownells and Midway. However, they still haven’t shown up there so I just placed an order with Zahals instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top