Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2002 11:24:20 PM EDT
Would it be legal to buy a new AR-15 lower in California, if it is for express use on a .50? Since it is a bolt gun, it would not be an assault rife, yes, pistol grip or not? Or can a California resident still get an AR lower? Any thoughts on this?
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 12:23:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, Sorry
but

You can get a www.gogogadgets.net/ receiver with a 10 rounder permanently inside and no mag well

or

You can get a www.shooterstore.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=90&User_ID=2306552&st=6197&st2=-207348573&st3=160510120&Product_ID=11128&CATID=494/
dpms single shot receiver
(which is on some of the rifles pictured at the ferret site I believe-ya ferret50.com/graphics/photos/f501.jpg)
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info! California sucks...
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#3]
A ferret upper is totally legal. The lower is the sticking point.  Either get a FAB10 or get one of DSA's 0% forgings and make a FAB50 (ie, no magwell).  
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Everyone,
DPMS makes just about the perfect AR Lower for the Ferret50 Upper. It's the one I intend to use in the very near future to build my Ferret50. It's called the California Single Shot Receiver. It is an AR Lower Reciever, sans the mag well. Where the magwell would be on a regular AR receiver, is an angled support connecting the forward portion of the trigger guard, with the forward push pin at the upper portion of the lower receiver.
I hope this helps.
You can check it out here:DPMS Website Receiver Information and Photo

Respectfully,
Harry
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
IMHO, the ferret looks a lot better on that single shot lower anyway. That's the way I'd go if I were building one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking of getting one of DPMS lowers to use on the Ferret 50 I have on order. I called them and they told me right now there is about a 8-12 week back log. Anyone know of a shop in CA that has any in stock?
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top