Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2004 4:44:07 PM EDT
Have a guy that wants to trade. Can't seem to tell me much about the rifle. Has a Tasco Golden Antler scope on it. To tell you the truth I can't tell from the pic if its a 91 or just a black Cetme.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's an aluminum receiver with the built in rail, and came from Century, make sure its got a serial #007000 or earlier.  They were (are?) built on used FMP parts kits with the Federal reciever.  It seems the early one were put together well, and the later ones were hammered together by chimps trained by gorrillas (internet speculation).

I got two in 99, paid $600 or so each, and they have run pretty much flawlessly with a couple of thousand rounds through them.

I've had a few FTF's with one lately. I may be getting light primer strikes with one now, or it may be the crappy Malaysian ammo I've been shooting, I'm not sure.

I had a weak extractor spring in the other one.  Fixed that and it's run like a champ ever since.

If the price is around $300, and the serial is below the threshold, I'd buy another in a heartbeat. Even with simians putting the parts together, it's hard to make the things malfunction.  It's an HK design after all!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Appearantly its a cast reciever w/ a serial # higher than the one you posted, I'd be trading my Romanian SAR-1 one for it. In fairness to my SAR (AK) it it fairly custom with some time and $ put inot it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top