Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 4:59:38 PM EDT
Prices are around the same. I could find a CX4 for cheaper than a RAV by about $75 though. Both guns have their pros and cons. The feather is simple, its pretty badass looking, is apparently accurate but its also pretty unknown and a little more expensive. I dont know about mags because I dont know what mags it can take. The CX4 is nice because its pretty much exclusivley praised, looks sleek, and is a little cheaper. it also seems less compact, has alot of plastic in it, and isnt as customizable. If anyone has pics of their feather or pics of them or someone else holding and/or shooting a CX4 I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I'd go with the CX4. You know I have the Feather and while it it badass, it has reliability issues.

If I didn't already have an assload of 9mm carbines I might get a CX4 but I think I'm running out of room.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Personally, I'd go with the CX4. You know I have the Feather and while it it badass, it has reliability issues.

If I didn't already have an assload of 9mm carbines I might get a CX4 but I think I'm running out of room.

hahahaha. You have the AT though right? Maybe the RAVs are more reliable.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#3]
My son has had an AT-22 Feather for 15 years; it is the same action as the 9mm.  He has loved it and found it to be reliable and  accurate. Never had an breakage.   I considered the Feather but they are now  priced too high.  15 years ago they were a bargain. I would get Beretta because I think it would surpass the quality of the Feather.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My son has had an AT-22 Feather for 15 years; it is the same action as the 9mm.  He has loved it and found it to be reliable and  accurate. Never had an breakage.   I considered the Feather but they are now  priced too high.  15 years ago they were a bargain. I would get Beretta because I think it would surpass the quality of the Feather.

Thanks pal
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The CX4 is a fine firearm. I've found mine to be extremely accurate, completely reliable, has some excellent mounting features and a pure joy to shoot.  Everyone I know who's ever shot them loves em, but firearms choices are personal and you'll have to make your own decision. The 92 version runs on 92FS/M9 magazines some of the most widely available magazines around, and makes it an excellent pair with a 92FS pistol. I bought one to use as a home defense weapon to add on and for whatever it can be useful for. I don't see ever selling it, especially since I have a nice pair of pistols to go with it that are my favorite pistols and like an extension of my own hand. I couldn't be happier with the whole setup. I just need to slap an Aimpoint M3 on top with a nice Larue mount to finish it off now.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:52:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the CX4 and a friend has a 9mm Feather. The Feather is not a bad gun. It does jam up several time per range trip though. The extractor broke off but some hoe it still extracted most of the time. Feather did not fix it for free which I thought it should have been. Even with the new extracter it still fails once in a while. I'd give it a 6 out of 10 stars.

The Beretta on the other hand has been 100% from day one......need I say more?!?!?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:12:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#8]
What's this 'Feather' thing?  I've never heard of one, and probably never seen one.  (my google is tired, humor me here)

I do have a CX4, and like it a lot!  I wish the trigger were nicer, but it should break in a bit (only have about 200 rounds through it... 0 problems so far!).  I'm gonna get the top rail and the side rails (already have one side rail), mount a sling adapter on the left, and a weaponlight on the right, then get a S.P.O.T. Mk III for the top.  Maybe later on, thread the barrel and suppress it.   It's very high quality.  Just handling one will give you that impression.  Take it down, and that impression will be reinforced.  

If  CX4 is in your budget, I'd recommend it, and I'd say with confidence that unless you're just weird, you'll be completely satisfied with it.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wish the trigger were nicer, but it should break in a bit (only have about 200 rounds through it... 0 problems so far!).  

In regards to the trigger....look up Tactical Excellence in Florida, they do Beretta Storm Trigger Jobs. I sent mine in and it went from 8 pounds to 5.5 pounds, doesn't sound like much when you read it but the felt difference was like night and day. It went from "When the hell is this trigger going to break?" to a trigger that feels very similar to a stock Glock trigger. I'm happy and the next Storm I get will be sent to them too.

I saw that you got it back, and I've seen their site.  Did you send the whole rifle, or just the lower receiver?   I think after I get a few goodies, I'll look into the trigger job.  Definitely a fun little carbine!  I'm glad I got mine!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:34:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I have both a Feather Rav 9, and I CX Strom 9. And theress no contest what so ever the feather is in a differnt category, its fun, and looks cool , and all that happy stuff, but it jams EVERY time I take it out at least 2 or 3 times, and is just made cheaply, but not priced like that! The storm on the other hand I can shoot 200 or 300 a day and not have a single jam or problem of any sort, and accurute? forget about it, I really love my CX Storm, now all we need is high cap 45 mags, so I can get one fo them too!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top