Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2001 5:26:42 PM EDT
With my Christmas cash I am going to buy a few curio rifle & pistols, who do you recommend for service and deliveries and which dealers should I avoid?
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never bought any, being a Canadian and all. However I love Cruffler.com they have a great web site, with plenty of info.  I assume that their service is as good.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#2]
My favorite is Southern Ohio Guns.  The service is fast.  I have always been pleased with the quality of the guns.  Prices are right.  There are other C&R dealers online and in print that claim to have the best quality.  And, in some cases they probably are, or scarcer varients.  I have bought guns from S.O.G., in Like new condition, that are advertised as like new elsewhere also, but for twice the money.  I can tell you there is no way the guns could be twice the quality; even slightly better would surprise me!  Just my opinion.....I'm sure someone will think S.O.G. the worst.  

Edited to add:   They are very nice to my wife when she orders something for my birthday, or christmas.  That says alot to me.  My wife always tells me how nice they were on the phone, and that they will pick out one special for me since it's a present.  Maybe it's just talk, and a good sales pitch, but it makes her feel better.  The ones I have recieved for presents from my wife are in better shape than the ones I order, and I pay the hand select fee every time!
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually call SOG or AIM first. CDNN also (limited selection on C&R's). I'll go to Century only if they have something unique (like FR8's)...
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I am sending my signed copy FFL to SOG today.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
They also send you a monthly flyer.  MY favorite!  Wife thinks I'm nuts.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Thanks guys, I am sending my signed copy FFL to SOG today.

You should send your FFL to every C&R dealer. It doesn't cost any more than a postage stamp to get in thier files.

Sometimes a dealer might get a small quantity of something you just have to have and they will sell out quick and they will not usually wait for your FFL to arrive when they can sell to someone who already is on file.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I've bought from AIM, Century, InterOrdnance and Empire Arms. Of the three, only Empire was a disappointment.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#8]
STAY AWAY from Wholesale Guns and Ammo! They are true crooks. VERY rude. I would not piss on a single one of their crew if they were on fire. I would go with AIM or SOG. Very nice people and excellent service. Century also.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
. Of the three, only Empire was a disappointment.

Can you elaborate for us why?  I have not yet purchased guns from them because of statements I made above about prices, and condition.  They say they have only hand selected guns.  Thier prices reflect this.  Thier accessories were shipped in a timely manner with tracking numbers.  Very pleasent transaction.   Thanks, guns762
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered an FR-8 from Empire for $265, I believe. It was described as being 90-95%, as I recall. I received an e-mail reply to my order within minutes of my placing it. Two weeks later, when I still hadn't received it, I e-mailed them to see what had happened. They said they had lost my order and would ship the next day. A week or so later, the rifle arrived.

Upon unpacking it, I found that it had been cleaned of cosmo, which was a definite plus for them. However, after inspecting it, I certainly wouldn't have rated it as 90-95%. Maybe closer to 75-80%. I definitely don't think it was worth what I paid for it, especially after seeing similiar rifles for less than $200 at gunshows. But it is a good shooter, which is what I bought it for in the first place.

I have only made this one purchase from Empire and wouldn't totally condemn them because of the experience. And I would consider buying from them again. The next time though, the gun is going back if I'm not satisfied.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top