Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2015 4:02:56 PM EDT
I hope this isn't inappropriate to post this here.  I've got my first FAL coming in next week and I'm very excited about it. It's an 18" DSA Para.  I'm looking to buy some miscellaneous accessories for it. I registered on falfiles.com over a week ago with the same user name as here.  I still can't respond to a post in their market place or IM any users.  Does anybody have a contact for a moderator over there?  I've sent two messages through the contact button, but I've received no response.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't waste your time I am in the same boat over six months for me now and still can't post or reply. I sent messages to the moderator and all who I thought could help and still nothing. I stopped going there since .
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Been a member there for quite a few years, that seems really odd. Any chance their site response went to your junk mail? Most over there are really good people including staff. Give them another try. I'll see if I can get staff to contact you by sending them this thread.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been a member there for quite a few years, that seems really odd. Any chance their site response went to your junk mail? Most over there are really good people including staff. Give them another try. I'll see if I can get staff to contact you by sending them this thread.
View Quote

I appreciate it. I'm certain nothing went to my junk mail. I used my work email address. It's my company and if the number of erectile dysfunction ads I get in my inbox is any indicator on how my spam settings are, I should be able to get an email from falfiles.

I even tried to register again about a week after the initial try with my home email address and a different user name. It didn't work either. I'm hoping to get signed up to buy some things off the marketplace and ask a few questions. I've got a FAL coming that's supposed to be at my FFL tomorrow. I don't know much about the platform, I've never even held one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Message sent off to one person I know is on there a lot. Hope he can help you both out.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Jason for your help...I hope they square me away there, I have missed a bunch of great marketplace deals.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
FAL Files remains the best place on the web for knowledge about the FAL, hands down. Hope you guys get squared away.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Jason hooked me up I am now up and running over there
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Jason hooked me up I am now up and running over there
View Quote

Did you get an email to activate your account, or was it just activated for you. I haven't gotten anything yet.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I provided my email to Jason who in turn gave it to the contact person he knows over there. All I did was test my access by posting a reply to one of the posts to see if it would work and it. So now everything functions for me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I tried to register today, and all i get is a database error message.
I tried to send an email to the (contact them) link at [email protected] and it comes back as--- A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
What gives?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#11]
just checked, site is still up and running....I'm a lurker over there more than anything.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#12]
????
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Admin of the files happens slowly.   Be very patient and/or ask somebody you know for help pushing your application through.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I still haven't been able to fully register yet.  It's been about a month.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:59:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Jen doesn't really answer any more...if anyone wants, I can forward a heads up request to the big cheez there. I think he runs the new member OK's about once ever week or two....
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Jen doesn't really answer any more...if anyone wants, I can forward a heads up request to the big cheez there. I think he runs the new member OK's about once ever week or two....
View Quote

I would certainly appreciate it.  I just got my first FAL a couple of weeks ago.  I'd like to buy some stuff off the market place there but I can't post or message any users.  The user name I signed up with over there is my username here.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Done. You'll probably receive a message direct, but if not I'll let you know via pm.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:05:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I forgotten my password but no way to change it with the database error.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:53:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Done. You'll probably receive a message direct, but if not I'll let you know via pm.
View Quote

If you would do the same for me i'd appreciate it, i can't seem to get anywhere. I was going to use the
same username over there as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:14:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

If you would do the same for me i'd appreciate it, i can't seem to get anywhere. I was going to use the

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

admin said: "No such user here - pending activation or otherwise.

Check for exact spelling and correct case of letters."

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:39:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I click the register link from home page, fill in birthday info,then click the, I have read, and agree to abide by  The FAL Files rules, click the agree button
and then it goes to this
Database error
The The FAL Files database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.falfiles.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.falfiles.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Not sure how to proceed... Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#22]
pm sent to you sinsbad...
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:48:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Falfiles mod here.
Send me im's when in need of something.
I'll do my best.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Falfiles mod here.
Send me im's when in need of something.
I'll do my best.
View Quote

I am having the same issues.   IM sent.

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I had all but given up trying to register on falfiles, even after  using different search engines...i saw teats post last night and decided i'll give it one more try.
I was able to register,and account was validated this morning.  Thanks goes out to czechsix and teats
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey gents I am in the same boat.  I registered about a month ago and still cant get in.  Any help?
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:55:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Put your time in.  The FAL files is pretty good about screening out bots and trouble makers.  If you have a meaningfull post to offer yours may get posted but otherwise, search tools may find you a good answer to your questions.
gordonm1

Much fracas is reduced by being selective.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Put your time in.  The FAL files is pretty good about screening out bots and trouble makers.  If you have a meaningfull post to offer yours may get posted but otherwise, search tools may find you a good answer to your questions.

gordonm1

View Quote

The problem is I cant even search the site!?!  

I am not worried about posting !
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Try this: Search FAL Files

It's an off site search engine for the FAL Files.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:28:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
gordonm1

View Quote

I get that you really need to wait to get approved on there, but you can't post anything until you are approved.

ETA: waiting myself.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ahhhhhhhh. . . Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I've been having the same problem
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#33]
I too could use some help in getting posting permission there, same username, please help..
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm same user name no luck on activation
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
gordonm1

View Quote

I suppose, but how many years was DABTL allowed to troll and make trouble.  he was a big part of the reason I stopped going over there, he was allowed to lie and get away with things that a small poster like me would have been banned for.  I lost track of how many times he was either banned or said he was going and not coming back.  not sure what his status is now, but he ruined that site for me.  well that and I sold off my L1A1
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:41:31 AM EDT
[#36]
I believe it is a prerequisite that you must a be a cranky old bastard to join.

I bailed on that forum a while ago.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:04:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
just checked, site is still up and running....I'm a lurker over there more than anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I just checked mine as well... it has been a few years since I last logged in:

since your last visit  February 06, 2009

I remember back in the day, it also took me a while to get the account activated. Great place (at least back then) and welcome to the new members
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I remember back in the day, it also took me a while to get the account activated. Great place (at least back then) and welcome to the new members
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

since your last visit  February 06, 2009

It's still a great resource, and the best place to find any sort of uncommon FAL part.  Unfortunately, some of the older (and highly informational) threads don't exist anymore and of those that do, many lack the pictures that helped make them informational.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:45:46 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I suppose, but how many years was DABTL allowed to troll and make trouble.  he was a big part of the reason I stopped going over there, he was allowed to lie and get away with things that a small poster like me would have been banned for.  I lost track of how many times he was either banned or said he was going and not coming back.  not sure what his status is now, but he ruined that site for me.  well that and I sold off my L1A1
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

gordonm1

that dumbass was finally permabanned a couple of years ago, from what I remember. He's never appeared again. No frickin' loss, either.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
that dumbass was finally permabanned a couple of years ago, from what I remember. He's never appeared again. No frickin' loss, either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
gordonm1

Him being allowed to be an asshole by managment is the main reason the site went to shit like it did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top