Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2006 8:24:39 PM EDT
I was at a gun show a couple of weeks ago and spotted a used 590. The price tag was $299. The gun doesn't look like it had been shot much, but whoever had it before apparently didn't take much care of the finish. It also looked like the barrel was fouled with plastic from the wad. I started to offer $250 for it, but I don't feel right lowballing, plus I wanted to do some more looking before I spent any money. The guy that was selling it has a pawn shop a few miles from my hometown, and I'm tempted to drive up there to see if he's still got it. It has a heatshield on it and a bayonet lug, but no ghost ring sights.

What would be a fair price for this gun? From what I could tell the gun was in great condition, except it just looked like it wasn't cleaned routinely. Many thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was at a gun show a couple of weeks ago and spotted a used 590. The price tag was $299. The gun doesn't look like it had been shot much, but whoever had it before apparently didn't take much care of the finish. It also looked like the barrel was fouled with plastic from the wad. I started to offer $250 for it, but I don't feel right lowballing, plus I wanted to do some more looking before I spent any money. The guy that was selling it has a pawn shop a few miles from my hometown, and I'm tempted to drive up there to see if he's still got it. It has a heatshield on it and a bayonet lug, but no ghost ring sights.

What would be a fair price for this gun? From what I could tell the gun was in great condition, except it just looked like it wasn't cleaned routinely. Many thanks in advance.

sounds a bit high for the condition that it is in, but there are many versions of the 590 that vary in price range, any more info you have on it?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The only difference between a Mossberg 500 and 590 I think is the magazine tube and how the barrel goes on to it. A mossberg 500 goes for 200 at wal-mart brand new. I wouldn't spend more then 250. The barrel shroud is only like 25 bucks. I understand he needs to make money off of it. But if it has a bad finish I wouldn't pay more then 225. You could always send it into mossberg and have it refinished That would cost you 35 dollars for the barrel and what ever they charge for anything else.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#3]
at a gun show in pa in dec i saw 2 590s. one was new for 299. and one was used for 235. they were both the same gun, heat shield, bayo lug, bead front sight, drilled and tapped upper. as i was looking at the new one i could feel someone standing over my shoulder, i thought it was my buddy. i asked the guy if the gun was new and he said yes its 299. i put it down and picked up the other one that looked brand new and he said the that one was barley used for 235. just then the guy behind me picks up the new one i had in my hand a second ago and says ill take it. the guy behind the table looks at me and gives me a look like dam dude let the guy finish before jumping in. i let him take the gun without any complaining because the used one looked so dam good for 65. less.

i go a half row down and there is a guy with M9 bayonets for 75. so i got the gun and bayo for 310. once i cleaned it it looks new.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top