Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/12/2009 8:18:46 PM EST
So I was thinking of doing an sbr and sbring a rr arms receiver I all ready own but I'm somewhat lazy and don't want to send it off to have it engraved. That got me to thinking of just buying a factory sbr like a colt or rock river. What do you think? Would the colt have standard pins for the take down and trigger pins? Are there others that offer factory sbr's?? I'd like a standard take down pin so I could get a short 22 upper and build a suppressed 9mm carbine later. TIA
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 8:59:58 PM EST
Check:

RRA

Spikes

POF

Colt

Sig (no conversion but a folding stock!)

Too many to list...You need to get shopping, man!
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:01:20 AM EST
Sabre Defense at PSI

link
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:01:15 AM EST
You can add LTM MRP CQB SBRs to the list.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:41:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By ftldrben:
Check:

RRA

Spikes

POF

Colt

Last I checked, which was maybe 6 months ago, Spikes does not do factory SBRs.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:41:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By puppis:
Originally Posted By ftldrben:
Check:

RRA

Spikes

POF

Colt

I think they stopped because of the high demand for everything else they make. Now that things have slowed back down, I'm sure they would do it. It just takes another form, and more time to process the SBR, but when you can't keep regular lowers in stock, why bother with the others?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:03:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By damcv62:
Originally Posted By puppis:

I think they stopped because of the high demand for everything else they make. Now that things have slowed back down, I'm sure they would do it. It just takes another form, and more time to process the SBR, but when you can't keep regular lowers in stock, why bother with the others?

More time: That's why you should go to Polite Society or another place that stocks SBRs and not go though Spikes. You will have to call Spikes and ask them to make the SBR (I dont know how long it takes them to get BATF approval to make the gun) then spikes has to transfer it to a dealer, which could take weeks or months, then you need to submit your form 4 to the BATF and wait another 3 months. The whole process could take 6-9 months and that assumes everybody does their part in a timely fashion.

If you buy the rifle from a stocking dealer (assuming you find a dealer in your state that has an SBR in stock) then you just wait the 3 months for your Form 4 to get approved. If you cant find one in your state, then you have to wait for two transfers, one from the out of state dealer to your instate dealer, and then one from the instate dealer to you.

Polite Society has some articles about the process. This link describes the process for a silencer, but its pretty much the same for an SBR or a MG. http://www.politesocietyinc.com/cgi-bin/imcart/read.cgi?article_id=2&sub=9

Here is the link to their main website. They are also an AR15.com dealer. http://www.politesocietyinc.com/
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:53:13 PM EST
ANVIL ARMS
Top Top